Author Topic: All To Get Her  (Read 104854 times)

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
Re: All To Get Her (Cutey Preview)
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »
Reduced 2-5's staff time to 25.5, but I can't get much lower than that. And "no unusual strats" doesn't tell me much, because there are a number of approaches (like, I only just realized you can go to the 0/9 gate right after Fortifying the first wood boxes and use Unmake/Remake to protect the others).

Changed the start of 2-8 slightly to make it a little less annoying, maybe? It's still tricky.

In 2-9, you were supposed to drop boxes on the left and right side of the spike pit so you could cross between the sides safely, then Fortify and throw the wood box on the left side over to the right, but I missed that you could just go in the right exit without putting any boxes down in the spike pit. So I added some spikes above the right exit to make this necessary.

2-10 was "meant" to end in a situation where the snake is down on the monster doors and you have to use the wood box to get over it. It's faster to just go through the door while the snake is pressing the switch, of course, but I didn't realize it was the more obvious solution. I changed that whole thing: now you have to either push an extra box to prevent the snake from dying, or be quick enough getting Brooke out that you can go through the door while the snake passes over the switch.

EDIT: I kind of hate doing the start of 2-9 for time trials so I simplified that too.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:09:32 AM by vgperson »

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2017, 11:40:17 AM »
I was able to remake a box directly onto the same tile as a pressure plate, is this intentional behaviour? It activates the pressure plate while it's there at least.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2017, 05:26:13 PM »
ok heres my 2-5 strat:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

for 2-9 you can build a staircase using the float block and regular block in the bottom right, skipping the wood block.... also if u just drop a block on the right, its possible but really annoying to squeeze under the spikes..... i got 15.33 without that tho so the staff time is fine

for 2-10 you can just unmake/remake a block on the switch so the snake is entirely useless
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »
lol i found a really goofy strat on 2-6

newtime's:

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2017, 06:59:30 PM »
Making boxes over pressure switches is not intended. (Earlier I fixed the same issue with closed doors, but I forgot switches fell into the same category.) Fixed.

I kinda like being able to just use the float and normal boxes to make the 2-9 staircase, so I'll set the staff time based on that.

I don't see how the snake in 2-10 is useless? Having a box hold down the switch doesn't change the fact that you need to keep it from dying/make it to the exit before it dies.

Man, I don't really like that randomness of the door behavior for 2-6. (And I don't think I'm gonna be able to figure out how to make it consistent.) Moved the switch away from the door.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2017, 07:26:27 PM »
this is my 2-10 strat, the snake stays trapped the whole time

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2017, 07:35:41 PM »
Apparently I should be a lot more careful when giving you access to float boxes. Reworked it to not have those.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »
does the 2-10 staff time involve using the snake? i just beat it with a pretty wacky snakeless strat but it was rly close

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2017, 08:22:54 PM »
The intended strat which I used is pretty basic:

Waiting for the snake at the end is a pretty big bottleneck now that you only have to relocate one box to get Brooke out of the pit, so it kind of comes down to dropping down as soon as it's safe. If there's a "snakeless strat" that still only barely beats the staff time, it's probably not worth it.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2017, 08:48:24 PM »
i think snakeless is a bit faster when optimized well (i got 11.78) and its also infinitely cooler

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2017, 08:57:49 PM »
Okay, that's a cool strat. I'll change the lower three boxes in the pit to iron so Brooke can't accidentally try to push one toward Asha and cause her to jump.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2017, 11:52:37 PM »
latest time's.....

total 5:15.5

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2017, 01:55:02 AM »
i love how much ur getting ur time down its so cute......

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2017, 04:53:22 AM »
yo this is really fun. i love the in-dungeon dialogue. the part where she just got stuck at one of the puzzles was a cool subversion.  :dancedog: :dancedog: :dancedog: :dancedog:

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2017, 04:54:10 AM »
also i really like the "style" of it, like the art style, sound direction, feels v polished