Author Topic: All To Get Her  (Read 104863 times)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: All To Get Her (Cutey Preview)
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2017, 05:32:40 AM »
aww i found out theres a way to do the final level that works but its really slow and boring. i wonder if i can rework it so the faster strat is also necessary

e: i think its good now.....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 05:41:33 AM by aimaina »
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2017, 06:29:15 AM »
While making up-scrolling work, I noticed there was actually a 16-pixel difference between the check for the first girl exiting downward and the second girl exiting in that same direction. So I think any level with both girls that exits downward will be about 8 frames (0.13s) longer now. I could have probably just left it like that if it didn't interfere with up-scrolling, so you wrought this upon yourself.

EDIT: Or actually, since the first girl always had to fall to the lower position, it probably doesn't make any sizable difference as long as they fall to the end together? I think.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:32:09 AM by vgperson »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2017, 06:34:20 AM »
yeah im just going to assume all my time's are still immaculate

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2017, 09:04:29 PM »
lol i dont know how to read, i thought a cutscene would trigger in that pit at the end of world 2.

nice beta :) looking forward to more gam and the end of the story :0

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2017, 07:20:35 AM »
Updated both builds with Area 3! I was busy with some translation stuff and, uh, watching E3, and will probably continue to be somewhat busy. (Also, I think I'll post an Area 4 beta, but that'll be the last one until the game is complete.)

Blocks press down on switches now, because there was almost no reason for them not to and at least one reason why they should. The little numbers on the Portabox/Bomb icons were terrible, so I changed them to more visual indicators and also made it tell you your stock at all opportunities (whenever it changes, basically).

Since Brooke keeps Destroy/Revive through many of the Area 3 levels, I made it so she would begin with that spell set when starting those levels from Level Select, which hopefully didn't break anything prior.

I also fixed some miscellaneous bugs. Teleporters are more lenient on thrown boxes entering (they would sometimes fly right through before), girls can no longer teleport to destinations that have solid monsters at them, you can no longer "land" one pixel inside an up-floor, and I addressed the conflict of restarting as you finish a level in time tiral.

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2017, 01:11:05 PM »
ah i gotta try area 2!!! btw this makes me miss the old days of mmgf where a bunch of ppl made games n updated incrementally

dcco

• Cutest
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2017, 04:57:32 AM »
whens area 51  :o :o :o

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2017, 06:03:26 AM »
u could build it with the editor :o

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2017, 01:46:55 AM »
beat all the staff time's.....

in 3-3 you can unmake/remake the wood blocks to reach the end instead of using the iron blocks, i think its a bit faster
in 3-4 you can destroy the block above the monster door (i think this is what you did for the staff time tho)
in 3-5 you can exit left and come back and the green doors will be shut, seems like a bug (but idk if its actually faster than the regular strat)
3-7 has the best strat (dont fix it) [sp]throw a block into the teleporter, jump in, destroy block below you[/sp]
3-9... not sure if any of this is non-standard but i beat the staff time by 2+ secs & i feel theres still room for optimization
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

in casual play i dont think any of the levs got me stuck for that long but they were fun..... also the cutescene at the end of a3 was cute

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2017, 02:59:51 AM »
Oh yeah, that 3-3 strat is definitely faster and clever. Lowered the time a little.

Yeah, I knew about and used the 3-4 trick.

There was some code which assumed that the very existence of switches in the level determined whether switch doors should start open or closed, without actually checking their pressed state. Which was a false assumption even before I made the block change?? It should be fixed. Also, this made me realize two cool things and one really silly thing you can do with switches...

Oh, that's good. I'll go with that. (Though I'm a little sad since there are like four different strats for getting a box to the right side of the teleporter to kill the snake.) This also called my attention to how you can still "die" while the time improvement screen is up, so I fixed that: once you enter the "time trial level finished" state, the girls no longer check for hazards, gates, collectibles, etc.

Yes, that 3-9 strat is what I originally wanted people to have to do. There turned out to be an easier way that I couldn't elegantly prevent, but the cool way is faster, so I'm happy. You optimized the first part better, though.

Also, some changes I decided to make upon starting Area 4: to make them more interesting, Animate Armors now turn into solid platforms upon death (and align to half-tiles). And while it probably won't be used in official levels (if only because I think it requires having an "incomplete" gate), they revive if they hit Unmute gates.

dcco

• Cutest
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2017, 08:26:17 PM »
u could build it with the editor :o

tbh i was going to make a joogle themed level but f2 for some reason changes the volume on my laptop and i got too lazy to figure out how to fix it. soon tho

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »
tihs game is essentially a joogle game, brooke is joogle and asha is pilid

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2017, 10:44:45 PM »
Once you explained to them what video games are and what Joogle is, Brooke would be incredibly insulted by that.

(so when's Joogle 4 where Joogle can use magic)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2017, 10:49:04 PM »
didnt joogle use half energy for the fire key or something? thats kinda like being able to use magic

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2017, 12:06:19 AM »
@ducko use fn+f2