Author Topic: All To Get Her  (Read 104734 times)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: All To Get Her
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2017, 05:17:08 AM »
sneed running is hard......
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2017, 05:22:42 AM »
in the next update can u add a secret cheat code that gives u infinite bombs & portaboxes? would be useful for practice

maybe it can be the reward for beating all the staff times

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2017, 05:43:25 AM »
Maybe I'll make it so if you press left/right, you can cycle through how many Bombs/Portaboxes you want to start with when using the Start From option? No good reason to make that unlockable, I think, and obviously you wouldn't be allowed to use it in a valid full run. Unlockable Infinite Ammo could be a fun thing on top of that, though.

Also I'm putting in the staff time multiplier thing, just because.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:49:43 AM by vgperson »

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2017, 09:52:44 AM »
Jumper 2 cheats menu with downloadable wallpapers that 404.

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2017, 06:48:36 PM »
v1.03, which lets you start with Portaboxes/bombs, has left/right level borders, etc. is up. And on second thought, I don't think infinite ammo is a very good idea considering how badly you could break everything with that - even with the start-with-items options, I'm guessing you can softlock (but quit out of) some cutscenes, which isn't a big deal, but it's kinda awkward.

Come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't enable the start-with options for Area 6 levels, because you shouldn't start those with any boxes or bombs.

EDIT: Updated it to do that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:05:04 PM by vgperson »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2017, 08:17:01 PM »
why do you lose your extra bombs in world 6? the girls should at least keep them, and also you can beat 6-4 and 6-6 with a spare bomb so taking them away at each level is a bad idea
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:21:30 PM by aimaina »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2017, 08:28:50 PM »
also it would be nice to have start-with options for time trial so u can time skips easily, with "start from level ..." you dont have quick reset or start with character/item options, so its a little more annoying

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2017, 08:36:36 PM »
oh no i havent beaten all the staff times anymore in this version....

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2017, 09:21:14 PM »
Allowing them in time trial would confuse things since those times would have to be invalid, so I dunno. The answer to why items are reset in Area 6 is "it's hard to actually keep it consistent with who has what, just pretend they had to use all their items to get to their respective levels." (And between levels somehow.) Also, it'd cause a difference when the moms are the main characters, although the two groups' total times are already kept separate.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:25:32 PM by vgperson »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2017, 09:35:04 PM »
i guess i dont really need start-with in time trial to figure out roughly which skips are the fastest....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

is it really that hard to have separate counts for girl items/mom items? like i can buy "they dropped all their stuff in the lava before entering area 6" or something but losing items between area 6 levels for no reason is silly
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:42:32 PM by aimaina »

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2017, 09:44:36 PM »
Kind of? The spells are kept consistent, but that's hard-coded, so it'd be wrong if you found a way to skip the proper gates. The save file stores the current items and spells and stuff for both girls, but the same space is used by both groups. I could tack on more variables for the "other group's" items, and swap them at the appropriate times, but... it gets complicated. I'll look into it more seriously later, I guess.

Also, there used to be an oversight where 6-1 didn't reset items (so the moms had the girls' items), which let you bomb down to 6-2, which is iffy. If I were to add this, you'd be able to bring bombs there again via mom mode, so I think I'd have to do something about that. I don't doubt there are similar concerns elsewhere.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 09:46:43 PM by vgperson »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2017, 10:15:48 PM »
btw if u finish 5-10 with destroy then moms will start 6-1 with destroy..... i dont think its a good speed strat tho since its really slow to skip the unmake gate in 5-10

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »
uhhh i was trying to beat all the staff times again and (clear at 0:34)

i cant seem to replicate it unfortunately

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #238 on: August 15, 2017, 11:04:40 PM »
I have no clue. It's just supposed to update the to-be-bomb-position to Asha's rounded y when she's on ground - even if she were a little bit inside the floor somehow, it still should've rounded in the proper direction.

EDIT: You know, I guess it's unnecessary to update that every frame anyway? I'll just have it do it right before placing. No idea if that'll prevent this issue, though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:14:58 PM by vgperson »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 16, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
im gonna try streaming some no reset runs..... ive never streamed before so i dont know if it will work https://www.twitch.tv/sylvie_ln

no commentary but i can pause during intermissions to type stuff in chat i guess