Author Topic: All To Get Her  (Read 104815 times)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: All To Get Her
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2017, 07:38:46 PM »
i did one run and i dont feel like doing more rite now.... i got 27:07.9
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 16, 2017, 07:51:50 PM »
i feel like it would take an immense amount of effort to actually get good at this game & do a smooth run..... i wish someone who was better at speed running than me sped ran this.....

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #242 on: August 16, 2017, 08:17:20 PM »
wheres zecks @

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 17, 2017, 04:25:59 AM »
bleh...... i accidentally recorded this at low res so it looks like trash

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #244 on: August 17, 2017, 05:48:00 AM »
Uploaded v1.04: I think I got the finale consistency thing working (including spells), and allowed you to start with items in Area 6 levels.

I decided I kind of had to force the girls to start with Unmake because of the limit break scene, but otherwise things should work as you'd expect. I modified 6-1 such that I'm pretty sure you can't just fall into 6-2 as the moms - you can bomb through the floor in some of the mom levels if you come in with 3 bombs, but at least you have to restart afterward, which will fix the characters. I also put up an invisible wall so you can't jump left from 6-2, as that area's possible to get over to now.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 17, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »
hmm if i bomb thru the floor in 6-5 and restart in 6-6 then i have moms in 6-6.....

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 17, 2017, 07:45:09 PM »
6-10 skip saves about 15 seconds i think & u can get an extra bomb in 6-6.... nice

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 17, 2017, 08:08:37 PM »
on the mom side, the 1-bomb 6-3 skip seems to only save like 6 seconds..... the 2-bomb skip saves more like 10 seconds

i think theres a decent 2-bomb skip in 6-5 (one bomb to get around the danger gate so you keep destroy, one bomb to get past the doors) but i dont know how much it saves.... 2-bomb skips generally dont seem worth it anyways

6-7 has a 2-bomb skip that saves like 10 seconds.... again not worth it

i dont think 6-9 has anything good.....

so for moms i think the best strat is to just use all your bombs on the area 5 skips.... or use a portabox for the switch in 5-10 and use the extra bomb in 6-3? portaboxes dont seem useful for much

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 17, 2017, 08:21:07 PM »
on girl side if you use a portabox on 5-10, you can do a 1-bomb skip in 6-2 that saves like 6 seconds.... maybe a bit more if u are less bad than me

so i think moms and girls are pretty even for times....

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 17, 2017, 08:31:29 PM »
this is my bomb/portabox route as of now...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 17, 2017, 09:17:10 PM »
heres the route in action (also my fastest run yet & sub 25) area 5 where most of the skips are starts at 15:20

the quality of play kinda tanks after area 2 because i havent practiced the later stuff that much yet.....

also i got confused and messed up the 6-10 skip, heres the correct way to do it (at 0:07).... idk if you can avoid waiting for the bat by going fast but its probably really hard

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 17, 2017, 10:16:55 PM »
in area 6 how does it determine which character you start with? is it hard-coded, based on the previous level, or based on the previous-same-character level?

i need to always start 6-7 in control of lisa & im not sure if i need to set something up in 6-5 or 6-6 to ensure that....

im also not entirely sure if i understand how it determines which character you start with in the other areas..... it seems like it uses whatever character exits the previous level last, unless you are synced and sufficiently close together, then the character from the previous level is preserved?

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #252 on: August 17, 2017, 11:26:25 PM »
I think in Area 6, it should just keep the equivalent of who you were controlling when you exited the previous level (so it'd be 6-6 that matters - I definitely didn't code anything fancy to remember who you were controlling). Because of how often you would exit in sync and have it feel inconsistent whether or not it switched characters (I think it wouldn't switch if it was like the same frame), before the final beta, I added a timer to make it so if the other girl exits within 10 frames, it effectively "undoes" this switch and keeps the old selection. This should work the same way in the finale.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 18, 2017, 04:03:46 AM »
i think the finale works differently, it switches me from asha to brooke when i go from 6-2 to 6-3.....

strangely if i finish with brooke selected, it doesnt switch me?? (i.e. i still start as rita)

i tried going 6-1 to 6-2 to 6-3, finishing 6-1 with lisa and 6-2 with asha, and it kept me as lisa.... but when i start from 6-2 it seems to always make me start with rita in 6-3..... im confuse

ok now i tried finishing 6-1 with rita selected and it switched me to lisa at the exit?? :dancedog:

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2017, 04:07:48 AM »
wait how did that dancedog get there