Author Topic: options  (Read 27688 times)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: options
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2017, 04:51:14 PM »
its ok i think i have a better one now..... i dont want to post it though because cat planet lines always sound weird when theyre in a post, i think u have to see em in context.....
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »
post that screenshot when u load up that text in that game

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 04:53:41 PM »
Kinda weird how "retard" has changed so dramatically in the last 10 years or so.  It does make me recoil a bit to see it used as an insult these days.  Even in a scientific sense (particle retardation, or retarded time) it still catches me off guard.

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »
Tested the options menu.  It definitely works better now, but still feels a little off when using the cursor.  It makes sense to go "into" a category with keyboard controls, but on mouse it feels weird when you can sometimes click entries, but not always.

eg. click into Scaling, then try changing Interpolation.  I think if the currently selected option category were ignored altogether with mouse, that'd feel better.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 05:03:15 PM »
yeha that seems like a good idea..... ill see if i can do it, its a little hard to change stuff about the mouse controls since i made the keyboard menu first & kinda hacked in mouse support on top of it

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »
love-game.net/options/

heres a new version..... the menus work basically the same as in vgs game now i think so i guess she had the right idea all along.....

one problem is that u cant see the descriptions of "sub-options" in mouse mode, so i renamed "full-a" and "full-b" to more descriptive things..... theres probably someway i could make it so hovering over suboptions shows the descriptions, but it would be annoying and i already messed up my code a lot while producing this version.....
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 06:10:25 PM by aimaina »

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2017, 06:29:21 PM »
Definitely better.  Only last thing I'd say is that dropdowns still capture your mouse, making it difficult to click off.  I figured out that right clicking deselects them, but it wasn't super intuitive.

I wouldn't have any problem navigating this menu in normal game play though.

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »
The weird thing is that I basically always had an alternate "I Wanna Be The Jumper" version - I think to like, show to people who didn't know what Jumper was, and thus wouldn't know it was supposed to be in reference to Jumper 1?? Then eventually I realized that was really backwards and made it "Jumper" for good. I also think I made small changes to my other old games when I went back and changed my name in them.

I think people would generally understand it's not supposed to be the cat calling you "dude," but yeah, it's better to be safe. Although if you wanted to keep the same line but ruin the purity in another way, you could add a New Cat next to the "dude, dude!" cat who says "i know, i know!"

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2017, 06:40:43 PM »
would an extra cat make it 69 cats i cant remember

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 06:42:21 PM »
it would be 68 but u currently have 69 cutes and vg currently has 69 posts.....

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2017, 06:49:01 PM »
oh yeha btw vg i replayed bapuz a lil while ago and the ending of that game still has ur old name in it.....

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2017, 06:56:48 PM »
love-game.net/options/

added the thing cook mentioned  :honeydew:

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »
Geez, I kind of forgot it even had an ending screen? I'll fix that.

Also I just noticed the "B1A3P12I5T15G71G12I4T62H1O68T9E0" thing in the Color Dungeon ending and am I trolling myself over the course of a decade?? (I think the letters stand for "BAPuz Is The Greatest Game In The History Of The Earth," so maybe it's just that.)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »
lmao that really confused me too, i dont even remember it existing..... i assumed it was probably a joke since theres no obvious place to enter a password or anything

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2017, 07:05:02 PM »
please nobody give me cutes