Author Topic: options  (Read 27654 times)

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
Re: options
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2017, 01:30:44 AM »
i dont think it would be a valuable use of time to rerelease all of em... but at least the cutest ones!!! speakin of which some people have been encouraging me to remake 2 for switch and i think it would be a fun project...

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2017, 02:04:16 AM »
that sounds cute i almost gave u a cute for that post by accident
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2017, 02:08:18 AM »
lol game maker drag n drop is so bad, u have to fill out this fuckin form to increment a variable

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2017, 02:11:57 AM »
i cant believe i used to put up with this

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2017, 04:39:39 AM »
yup lol!!!!! i was a little ass kid last time i used it, it was less daunting than gml when i was little...

btw i love that the only difference between those enormous if blocks is what kind of object ur spawning lol

i had to use scratch for a class recently and it has a hilarious amount of limitations and wack concepts

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2017, 04:54:09 AM »
No Programming Required!

Also this is still more or less how all the RPG editors work.

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2017, 07:16:03 AM »
sounds fun. i made something in construct 2 not long ago as well and its similarly convoluted to do trivial shit like increment variables lol

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 10:03:16 AM »
love-game.net/platformtest/

heres a lil test of ur platforming skills..... a lil pop quiz for your platforming prowess..... let me know how u do (arrows keys move & jump)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 10:12:40 AM »
oh i forgot i left in the debug thing where u can move blocks around with the mouse. dont use that

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2017, 12:08:03 AM »
nice!! i nearly finished level 5, the jump physics make for a lot of varied & fun platforming pieces

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2017, 12:52:27 AM »
oh dang u couldnt finish it? do you remember your deaths/time when u quit (or at least vaguely how long u played for)

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2017, 01:19:28 AM »
Mastered... (I mostly only lost significant time dying near the end of Level 5.)

Oh yeah, and regarding what you mentioned on Twitter: my approach in ATGH and Loverinth is to only ever actually move things in integers. (This is necessary to avoid going "between" zoomed pixels in Unity, but it's nice in general.) However, speed can still use decimal values by adding the decimal portion to floats called "excessX/excessY." When those go over 1, it subtracts 1 and adds it to the "active hspeed/vspeed" for that frame, letting you move an extra pixel. So those basically act as subpixel trackers. It may be a little bit of work, but you can probably put most of it in a generic script for things to use.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2017, 01:42:57 AM »
nice..... was that your first run? if not do u remember the time/deaths for your first run? trying to get some data on how hard the physics are 2 get used to

i actually ended up switching to only using integers for movement & it was less annoying than i thought, i just have a "number of subpixels" variable (set to 10 for this game) that i multiply all the physics/movement constants by in the create event, alternate x/y variables that track subpixels, & versions of place_free/place_meeting that work with subpixels..... then i replaced everything in my code with the subpixel versions and it kinda just worked

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2017, 01:46:14 AM »
Nah, my first run was like 22 deaths. Mostly due to Level 2 being kind of a gauntlet, and the first jump in Level 5, and I think I walked into a spike a few times because I was still holding right from the previous stage.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2017, 04:15:17 AM »
thanxs its very useful to know which jumps/levels people had trouble with..... would u say stage 2 was one of the harder ones? i figured it wouldnt be that bad since the timing for jumping through the gates is very lenient, i think 3 & 5 are the hardest

btw i just got a deathless run.... my time was 117s (i didnt go for the skip on the first level tho)