Author Topic: jump3  (Read 102729 times)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: jump3
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2018, 03:54:08 AM »
anyways i think i fixed the speed issue in chrome so i just have to fix this id thing now.....
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:13 AM »
think everything is work now......... :honeydew:

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2018, 04:14:29 AM »
not related to the controls - but idk if im just bad but this cpu is hard af to beat. he 5-0'd me a lot. (he's also runback from 4-1)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2018, 04:22:20 AM »
yeha the cpu is pretty tricky, ive beaten it numerous times during testing but i definitely cant do it consistently...... theres usually a way to exploit simple ai like this but i havent found one.... the key to fluff battle is to stay on top of your opponent as much as possible but its hard because the cpu moves so erratically and jumps constantly

also winning against a large group of cpus seems pretty much impossible, they just climb all over each other and hog all the points

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2018, 03:40:13 PM »
yeah the cpu is just way better at landing on my head than i am.

i think what they're also a lot better at is being able to take another jump after landing on your head. i think it'd be nice if the timing on that was a bit more forgiving. i whiff the jump a lot.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2018, 06:34:57 PM »
hmm right now you can only jump if there is a solid object directly below you..... i could make it so you can still jump one frame after leaving ground (i used to be firmly opposed to stuff like that but i implemented it in jump3 and its actually fine....)

i could also give the cpu a cooldown timer on jumps so it cant just jump instantly every time it touches ground.....

maybe ill do that tonite or tomorow nite......

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2018, 11:17:43 PM »
just released a hard core time trial racing game..... for the gamers love-game.net/kittyracing/

i also made an art game a few days ago..... its about my feelings and stuff love-game.net/flower/

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2018, 01:06:32 AM »
god i love ur games........................

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2018, 01:10:09 AM »
wow thanks gamer..... what do you love about em

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2018, 02:04:20 AM »
i like that you just have lil nicely-executed concepts and a nice aesthetic

when i make things nowadays i can never keep my concepts small, everything gets out of control

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2018, 03:35:05 AM »
thanx.... you have a nice aesth too its very wild & unique & cute......

the new thing that im trying to do is "the sylvie bedtime game jam"...... how it works is u start making a game in the afternoon or evening, and try to finish it before your bedtime.....

i like it because its not a big rush like kotm but its also not a weekend-long ordeal like ludum dare...... its a very relaxed game making experience..... u should try it make some cute small games pump em out

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2018, 04:53:43 AM »
aw thanks :-) i think when bogus is done i should try and make smallthings again..... or release some kind of funny "hubol bedtime jam" launcher that you can pull in the latest and gr8est hubol jam games as i make em... that would be funny

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2018, 04:59:17 AM »
it would basically just be bogus but updated incrementally so people dont think im dead for five years, but i can imagine it with a funny tagging system or something

"Nusty parade" by hubol
tagged as:
NSFWX
trashX
epic platformer-

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2018, 05:15:13 AM »
how close is that bingus to being done? are u at the point yet where u have all the minigrames planned & just need to make em, or are u still comin up with new stuff......

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2018, 05:26:45 AM »
with bingus nothing is ever planned, it just happens lol. usually one of us has a terrible idea and then we keep making it more complicated. im planning on starting one of the final bosses next! then what needs to happen is the world map (which i want to be like a playground... so that could b complicated). i would say we are 80% done. there is also the 20 minute press conference that i've been working on that's almost done too lol