Author Topic: Video Games in 1918: Back to Basics  (Read 64671 times)

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
Re: Video Games in 1918: Back to Basics
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2018, 11:00:31 PM »
i think the same thing happened 2 me. i feel like im burnt out on video games right now idk if i'll play more of celeste for a while.........

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2018, 03:27:53 PM »
quote this tweet to report spam

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »
i deleted it....
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2018, 11:54:18 AM »
i just got 100% in celeste i think not including gold strawberrys...... its probably a good game but i think i dont enjoy jumper-likes that much anymore. which is weird because i started making one less than a year ago. i dont know what happened. anyways i think i liked the main game better than the b-sides and c-sides because it had a cool story  and exploration elements, but some of the chapters were too long. i spent a lot of time thinking "why is this still going?". i guess thats what the gamers want these days, the high content to dollar ratio. also even though i liked the exploration, doing cleanup when i missed one or two things was annoying, especially when i missed the crystal heart & had to scour the whole level. the b-sides were also largely too long and i found the challenges more annoying than invigorating. the second part of 5b was awful. the c-sides were great because they all end with an unusually long section with no checkpoints, the hallmark of the jumper-like subgenre. my favourite chapters were 1 and 7 but i think i liked 1 the most. i feel bad that this post is very negative so ill end it by saying i enjoyed the story a lot & the art & music was nice (especially the music)

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2018, 01:45:03 PM »
ah yeah ive been playing it but it feels a lot like work to me.... the story is pretty good so far. i believe im on chapter 6 or 7. the most recent level [sp]mirror temple[/sp] i thought i was getting all that sweet side content but somehow ended up on the main route lol.... i think my tendency to collect everything i find makes the game a lot less fun... the same thing that kinda ruined mario's odd sea for me.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:46:59 PM by hubol »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2018, 01:58:10 PM »
it sucks when grames feel like work but then like u still play them anyways for some reason......

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2018, 03:04:47 AM »
https://diegzumillo.itch.io/whackem

someone from the local gramedev group made this its pretty good i just got to L8

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2018, 04:26:57 AM »
dang thats tricky..... my best was L3...... i dont really feel like putting in the effort required to get good at it lol

cati

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2018, 04:28:43 PM »
my keyboard doesn't want me to hit z+x+right so i got as far as to whack'em every but that

im v on board with the concept tho it's cool

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2018, 12:24:18 AM »
thats interesting cait! some keyboards hate certain combinations. i kinda wonder why the control scheme isnt z,x, or c

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2018, 01:16:15 AM »
pico-8 only has directions+2 buttons per player... dunno if there's an easy way to rebind the keys, maybe in the html file or something

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2018, 01:17:42 AM »
i can't use z+x+(left|up), which is why i usually end up rebinding games to have WASD for movement and the numpad for actions

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2018, 01:22:39 AM »
noted for bogus lol

Nijuu

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 26
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: any
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2018, 08:19:00 AM »
an untitled story still rules. or at least it does in my heart. i haven't played it in years. but i probably got into it more than people here because i did not have a history with The Matt Makes Games Forums at the time.  i haven't played celeste because i have no cash.

i almost want to replay aus again, but i think my addiction to it was just a different phase in my life, and now playing it again would just be like going through the motions as i played through it so many times... i am sad i never beat it on either of the two highest difficulties though (low hp or only one hit). it's just that one slow falling grape room in blackcastle man. not worth it.

shakespeare is still a #1 jam. i used to think about how neat it would be if an untitled story got remade and remastered in terms of graphics and music, but these days i actually don't think that would work. something about the mspaint and midi combination just results in this bleak, simplistic empty world that brings back memories of fiddling with the colors on my windows 95 skin or something. but you probably have to have grown up in a certain age a certain way for that to click with you.

Nijuu

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 26
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: any
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2018, 08:19:28 AM »
The multiplayer is definitely in the final game and was probably a prophecy for TowerFall.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH