aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: Yo
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2018, 09:30:38 PM »
pretty sure dedelruf isnt here, after the cataclysm most mmgfers fled to the georgedrome rather than helixc (the precursor of the cuteyzone)
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2018, 10:33:43 PM »
i think i might be dedelruf?????? :o

TheGucc

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2018, 04:01:39 AM »
the darn guy didn't even leave any email or anything, just an enima

darn i wanted to ask ausep stuffs

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2018, 04:20:46 AM »
just an enema

yeah sorry gucci i dont think most cuteyzoners were stoked about ausep

TheGucc

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2018, 04:23:32 AM »
darn g button being a fool

understandable

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2018, 04:31:46 AM »
what im wondering is whens someone going to show up really curious about the development history of the Jumper Community Project

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2018, 04:41:30 AM »
what was that like

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2018, 05:07:45 AM »
originally it was going to consist of a remake of j1 & j2 with worse physics, along with bunch of new content called the Special Game. but matt didnt find out about the remake part until we had already done a huge chunk of it and then he told us he didnt want us using his level designs, so we had to scrap all of it. i think barely anything of the special game was ever finished except for a pretty nonsensical intro cutscene and a sector called "The Hole". there was also an extremely bloated and laggy level editor whose main feature was having lots of different kinds of doors, like u know how j2 had switch doors, electric doors, and star doors..... well what if there was a door for every possible variable you can think of as well as a corresponding "anti-door" that behaves in the opposite way? thats the kind of question the jcp set out to answer. eventually people just kinda lost interest in it and it died

heres a pic of the secret members-only development forums.....

TheGucc

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2018, 05:18:25 AM »
ausep vs jumper project

hmm who win

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2018, 05:27:45 AM »
lol didnt want you using his level designs, thats cool

i like how the thought process behind doors was to make a million different versions instead of making a single one with a bunch of configurable properties

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2018, 05:28:34 AM »
You've neglected to mention the best thing to come out of the JCP.

A lot of Special Game was "planned," but not made, because naturally that's the sort of project it was. There were like 13 sectors, or maybe 14 since there was a split path at one point. Most of the sectors had nonsense bosses. I have a text file with cutscene descriptions like this:

Ogmo walks into a room made of golden blocks. There's a pile of gold blocks in the corner blocking the exit. Ogmo wall jumps on the blocks, but they don't break. "HALT! WHO IS THIS FOOLISH MORTAL WHO DARES DISTURB THIS TOMB?!" Ogmo jumps and backs away, shaking. The Guardian comes from off the right side of the screen. "AH... IT IS YOU, OGMO. I HAD A FEELING YOU WOULD COME HERE. BUT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE TOO MUCH DAMAGE TO MY MASTER'S PLANS... IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT YOU SHOULD BE STOPPED!"

Also the final boss was The Boss's Ghost but there was a secret ending for getting all the gems where you met the True Mastermind (represented by a black circle) that Dabomstew came up with but didn't tell anyone what it was actually supposed to be, and also I think we were going to add Dim dimension-switching.

making a single one with a bunch of configurable properties

You are seriously overestimating our past coding abilities.

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2018, 05:29:25 AM »
is Newest GMD Topic the 2005 version of game maker version control

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2018, 05:36:34 AM »
wow nice u still have the classic dabomstew boss midi...... theres a big music thread on the jcp forums with links to a bunch of midis but theyre all hosted on your old "5gigs" site or on "Microtech"

the music list does have sector names though......

Sector 1 (The Ice Cave)
Sector 2 (The Volcano)
Sector 3 (The Beach)
Sector 4 (The Ocean)
Sector 5 (The Underwater Base)
Sector 6 (The Space Ship)
Sector 7 (The Moon)
Sector 8 (The Space Base)
Sector 9 (The Asteroid)
Sector 10a (The Wasteland)
Sector 10b (The Deep Jungle)
Sector 11 (The Hole)
Sector 12 (The Pyramid Temple)
Sector 13 (The Holy Room)

it also has boss names.....

Sector 4 Boss (Octupus)
Sector 8 Boss (Defense System)
Sector 12 Boss (Guardian)
The Boss's Ghost
Secret Boss

is Newest GMD Topic the 2005 version of game maker version control

yes thats exactly what it is. to avoid merge conflicts people were supposed to post in the thread that they were editing the gmd so nobody else would edit it at the same time

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #88 on: April 05, 2018, 05:39:13 AM »
You've neglected to mention the best thing to come out of the JCP.

i had to test to make sure my media player's midi synth was working properly after hearing this :-X (it was working perfectly fine)

Ogmo walks into a room made of golden blocks. There's a pile of gold blocks in the corner blocking the exit. Ogmo wall jumps on the blocks, but they don't break. "HALT! WHO IS THIS FOOLISH MORTAL WHO DARES DISTURB THIS TOMB?!" Ogmo jumps and backs away, shaking. The Guardian comes from off the right side of the screen. "AH... IT IS YOU, OGMO. I HAD A FEELING YOU WOULD COME HERE. BUT YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE TOO MUCH DAMAGE TO MY MASTER'S PLANS... IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT YOU SHOULD BE STOPPED!"

threats are obviously the best way to do game dialog. that was my takeaway from aus

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2018, 05:43:03 AM »
oh wait actually it seems there was a separate thread (the "info center") which was regularly (?) updated with the current person who is editing, so u had to check that to see if the gmd was free for editing.....