Author Topic: vidogääms 16: cute edition  (Read 77878 times)

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile
Re: vidogääms 16: cute edition
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
I think all elections should be done as two separate votes.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2016, 04:49:08 PM »
it would be cool if there was a second referendum that reversed the decision but ive heard that the eu is already like "fuck u britan get outta here asap"
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

cati

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2016, 05:08:30 PM »
yeah, theyre trying to rush it along because cameron's basically said he's going to let whoever replaces him start the process (so he doesn't get the blame when it all goes wrong), but he's not quitting for another 3 months, and the longer we leave it, the more volatility there'll be in the world economy because of it.

afaict i dont think the eu necessarily wants us to go, but they do need us to stop pissing around and make a concrete decision asap before we drag everyone else down with us, and they can't be the ones to say "i mean u could just ignore the vote if u want".

I think all elections should be done as two separate votes.

if it had swung this close the other way around, we'd be having the same referendum again a year or two down the line anyway.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:52:41 PM by cait »
this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

haipa

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »
my guess is (especially if what the sun reckons he said is true) that cameron won't be invoking article 50 (which starts the eu-leaving process) for a while. he pretty much seems to not give a fuck anymore

haipa

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2016, 09:06:46 PM »
then again that might mean he'll quit early as well, so i don't really know what's going to happen

Tinister

• Cutest
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2016, 01:55:58 AM »
Why does he get three months when all my friends involved with the recent layoffs had to leave immediately?

haipa

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 26, 2016, 12:42:27 PM »
idk. the tory party conference is in october, though

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2016, 03:25:08 AM »
why does everyone hate corby so much now

cati

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2016, 08:17:53 PM »
i dont know if this'll even come close to answering the question, but afaict, its because most of the current labour party were given the roles they got by tony blair, who pushed the party rightward (branding it "new labour", and corbyn is one of the few people left from before blair took over.

the way electing a leader works is, they have to get so many MPs to nominate them, and then the membership (ie, anyone who pays £3 to join the party) can vote on which of the nominees gets to lead. corbyn only got nominated as the token left wing candidate, so they could point him out to say "hey we tried but i guess nobody wants left wing policies". but people who did want left wing politics back in the mainstream, joined en masse to vote for corbyn and he won by a landslide.

the rest of the party were pissed, and decided having an old man who doesnt talk in buzzwords and parrot watered-down conservative policies meant the party was now doomed and corbyn needed to be gotten rid of asap. every time a local election happened, theyd talk v loudly about how, if labour did lost this time, corbyn would be kicked out. iirc, labour consistently did better in each local election, but the rest of the party still tried to spin it as "yeah, but we'd have done even better if it weren't for corbyn".

they also realised that an investigation into the legality of the iraq was nearing its close, and corbyn was pushing very strongly for tony blair to be tried as a war criminal once the report came out. given that most of the current labour party owe their entire political careers to blair, and also voted in favour of the iraq war, they needed to make sure corbyn was removed from any sort of power by that point. some mps issued a vote of no confidence in corbyn, which passed, but now they've realised corbyn, as the incumbent leader, is entitled to run in the next leadership election without nomination, and given the support by labour members, is likely to win again, so the only way they can think of to get rid of him now is to get him to resign.

so most of his party is calling for his resignation. cameron, seeing a way to move the spotlight away from himself, also called for him to resign. the press, most of which is owned by rupert "fox news" murdoch, wants him to resign. the political editor of the bbc, who has a weird vendetta against corbyn, is stirring up as much shit as she can to get him to resign. most of the general labour membership doesn't want him to resign. the average person on the street doesnt give much of a shit either way they just want politicians to stop acting like children and keep us in / get us out of the eu already.

a bunch of labour mps started resigning from front-bench posts, one after the other on an hourly basis to keep the focus on how badly labour's doing and cause maximum embarassment to corbyn to force him to resign (meanwhile, the conservative party are also imploding and they're thankful for labour for keeping the media distracted). then they realised that corbyn was just refilling their positions with people who aren't going to stab him in the back at every opportunity.

anyway the new labour branch of the party are looking to split off into their own party, but keep the labour name.

its all kind of a mess and none of this even scratches the tip of the iceberg.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 30, 2016, 08:45:00 PM »
thanx!! i was mostly wondering whether labour voters & leftists were also largely mad at him or if its just politicians & press bein goofballs & it sounds like its the latter

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »
for those who still like hte Fast VideoGame's, there's a jumper 2 speedrun on sgdq at 3:58 pst

also a Celeste one, if people played + liked that. i'm looking forward to the expanded remake! :orange:

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2016, 06:41:48 PM »
I looked at the Jumper 2 run submission when I saw it on there, and it seemed kind of amateurish considering the time trial times people got. Also they know about wall crawling, but don't know some tricks like rapidly switching between left and right to trick follower blocks.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2016, 07:13:48 PM »
juner sniped me thread....... i watched a (probably more recent) run by the person who is running it at sdgq and they did the follower trick but had a lot of trouble executing it (i think there might be rng involved though?) they did the 5-4 wallcrawling shortcut which i thought was impressive bc im really bad at that. they didnt do the shooter skip in 8-4 which i dont remember being too hard, im not sure if they dont know about it or if they were just playing safely since they were ahead..... another thing which im not sure if they didnt know or just deemed too hard for runs is the 3-4 skip where you go under the thingy. oh another impressive thing was they got the 6-3 shortcut first try i think, i always fuck that up a bunch of times to the point where it wouldve been faster to do the level normally

the thing about j2 fullgame runs is that dying loses a lot of time & fancy IL strats often only save a few seconds, so u probably get better times on average if u play boring and safe except on levels with really huge fairly easy skips or something

i still wanna someday rediscover & write up the strats for how to get all the times in this list (which is think is pretty close to what the records were when j2 time trialing died out...... it mightve been 12:50 or maybe even a bit lower)
  Sector 01: 05+12+08+06+14 = 0:45
+ Sector 02: 11+12+17+14+14 = 1:08
+ Sector 03: 12+11+14+06+21 = 1:04
+ Sector 04: 17+15+21+20+16 = 1:29
+ Sector 05: 10+12+10+10+20 = 1:02
+ Sector 06: 11+08+06+13+15 = 0:53
+ Sector 07: 11+24+11+14+15 = 1:15
+ Sector 08: 18+20+22+15+18 = 1:33
+ Sector 09: 25+11+09+25+30 = 1:40
+ Sector 10: 11+35+20+12+46 = 2:04
= Total Time:                12:53

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2016, 10:22:37 PM »
the thing about j2 fullgame runs is that dying loses a lot of time & fancy IL strats often only save a few seconds, so u probably get better times on average if u play boring and safe except on levels with really huge fairly easy skips or something
although im watching the dustforce run now and i dont know the game but it seems like the runner is doing pretty difficult & optimized strats even though the penalty for messing up seems much worse than j2..... the j2 run i watched looked rly sloppy in comparison

Tinister

• Cutest
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2016, 07:47:01 AM »
I went and trespassed on an old abandoned nuclear power plant to see if I couldn't capture any Zapdoses and didn't find any Zapdoses!  >:(