Author Topic: Sparkly Rainbow Kitty Fluff Adventure  (Read 39708 times)

wilde32

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: Consider replacing your battery.
Re: Sparkly Rainbow Kitty Fluff Adventure
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
personally i feel like a map is necessary for a good platformsplorey game. the idea is once i cant progress in the current path im going, i can teleport to somewhere else where there's a lot of empty squares nearby and start exploring new squares. people say metroidvanias are known for their backtracking, but a good metroidvania built in this way shouldn't have much backtracking.

aus does this quite well in my opinion, you can often choose multiple directions to go (up, down, left or right) though it can be quite difficult to see what i mean if you already know the layout like we do

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 07:39:49 PM »
hmm i have an idea for a mapping feature that would make it easier to find places you need to explore more thoroughly, without giving away very much about the overall world and its structure..... im thinking when you touch a statue, it can display a simple map of the 5x5 area around the statue (only showing the rooms/connections you have actually uncovered)

ill see if i can implement that tonite or tomorrow.....
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 01:37:46 AM »
love-game.net/sparkle

i added the map thing from my previous post.... im not sure if its actually that useful since it gives you a fairly small amount of extra information but give it a shot and see if you can get farther.....

because the previous version of the game did not save which rooms you had visited, the map will be empty when you load your save from the previous version, so you will have to revisit areas to fill it up

i also added super mario odyssey style "you got a heart" messages so its very clear when you get a new heart, there are some hearts that are close to room boundarys, so before u might have been able to pick them up without noticing, but that shouldnt be a problem now.....

still havent started on music & sounds..... >_<

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 02:20:18 AM »
Did another playthrough, and the map seems like a good addition. At the very least, it can help you see what areas you should try exploring (i.e. if the map for that area doesn't look very full). [sp]And it probably works well with the hidden map for locating yourself, which was more annoying without it, though I didn't actually try that since I didn't really need to.[/sp]

Giik

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 44
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 04:19:17 AM »
https://puu.sh/Azk4K.ogg

i made a dumb song inspired by this

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 04:33:16 AM »
wow thats so cute..... i never imagined this game would inspire a lil birdy song......

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 10:46:44 PM »
i started making music.....

ive never messed with the delay effect in pxtone before.... its really cute

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 12:15:56 AM »
i made 4 songs.....

i either have 10 or 11 songs left to make..... so many songs...... i dont feel like it......... :-(

Giik

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 44
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 02:23:13 AM »
i made 4 songs.....

i either have 10 or 11 songs left to make..... so many songs...... i dont feel like it......... :-(
if you need help i can try!!

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 03:02:17 AM »
aw thanks i wanted to make me own music for this game tho.... but ill keep your offer in mind if i decide to give up in a few days lol

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
that fealing when u dont know enough Music Theory to know how to change a song from major to minor key, or what major and minor keys even are, or if changing from major to minor would even actually produce the effect you want, so you just use the pxtone transpose tool to move every note in the song down by 3 units

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 02:44:33 PM »
the hottest new esport is now available..... love-game.net/pong

oh yeha & i made like 2.5 songs that turned out pretty well i think. the 4 songs i made earlier were mostly bad except for one of em so i think i will scrap those...... makeing music is hard

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 03:34:38 PM »
lmao the pong game is fun but i started ignoring the "where he'll jump part" and just started trying to time the jump activation right if that mkaes sense

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 03:45:33 PM »
that makes sence i think like u just get used to the timing and stop really paying attention to the height indicator

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 04:05:59 PM »
cute! i've only played against myself but my esports meta has tended towards "flappey birding" in the air for the interception