Author Topic: Sparkly Rainbow Kitty Fluff Adventure  (Read 39801 times)

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
Re: Sparkly Rainbow Kitty Fluff Adventure
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2018, 12:09:36 AM »
Very Cute, Seems Good

It's kind of awkward how you crouch/uncrouch every time you warp between statues, though. I notice it's hardcoded as Down currently, but if both buttons are going to be set to Down by default, you should cancel the crouch toggle if you press both on the same frame.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2018, 12:13:27 AM »
thanx!! yeha both the hardcoding as down and the statue warp thing that were mistakes, i fixed em in the offline copy
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

Giik

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 44
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2018, 01:09:44 AM »
maybe make it so like, make it a hold command, and while ducking you can't jump, but you can duck in midair?

also the reduced jump height makes this screen trivial

you can clear it with a full-height duck jump super easily, you don't even bump the thing

though the rest of the area is still pretty tough, i think it's a lot better now tbh

also that last jump is dastardly cause you'd think it'd be better with the duck jump, but the regular jump is better since it has a running start, on second thought this iteration of the duck jump is pretty dang good ignore my suggestion from earlier

also i love how it squeaks like a little squeaky toy, makes mashing down hilarious

more edit: you might want to disable ducking when you're in warping range of a statue since both of those happen at the same time
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:25:11 AM by Giik »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2018, 01:38:24 AM »
yeha i think i like the heart area better with squishing, some of the jumps are pretty much the same (maybe slightly easier if you do a midair squish to shrink your hitbox) but several of them have tricks that make them much more consistent & it feels less obnoxious to me that way

i uploaded a new (test) version with statue thing fixed :honeydew: i will probably make the change official later 2nite

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

Giik

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 44
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: He/Him
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2018, 06:08:53 AM »

help

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2018, 07:07:13 AM »
that is so cute....  i love it..... squishy squeaky kitty.....

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »
sparkle fluff...

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2018, 01:51:52 PM »
i think ive finally managed to permanently preserve a version of one of my games with the texture page glitch that happens sometimes when switching between windows/html5 in gm studio love-game.net/sparkle-test

anyways the main url has squishy kitty now......  :honeydew:

i also added a little "title screen" that appears when you first reach the heart tracker room on a new game, which explains the controls (its kind of silly since you need to figure out movement and jumping controls to reach there anyways, but its mostly to inform you that squishing and the options menu exist)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2018, 09:38:38 PM »
someone did a speeds run.....

i think my best time in testing was over 10 mins so this is wr.... there are a number of mistakes tho so the time could go down a lot probably

the route is totally different from what i usually do.... i basically do two clean loops of the world that cover all the hearts, and this route kinda goes all over the place.... but my route was developed before statues were in the game so it probably doesnt use them very effectively. i should think more about the best route....

also the run uses the ctrl+shift+r return to last statue code, i think this should be speedrun legal since its just a less annoying way to get the same effect as quitting & reloading

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2018, 12:15:21 AM »
i added "bingo speedrun modes" (toggled with ctrl+1 for 1x bingo, ctrl+2 for 2x bingo, etc. up to ctrl+0 for 10x bingo) which stop the timer as soon as you get a certain number of bongos.....

i can see two viable routes for 1x bingo (middle column and rightmost column) but i dont know which is faster..... i havent thought about any multi-bingo routes yet

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2018, 04:19:53 AM »
i dont play a lot of video games these days but i played a few games by this person and i really liked them.... https://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/games/*/Kate B

caught between dimensions, flamingo quest and terrible lectures are all very cute.....

i feel like it would be nice if i got more involved in game dev communitys like gt but making posts outside of the cutey zone is scarey & gives me anxietys.....

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2018, 08:25:51 PM »
been watching tetris vids lately.... watching stuff like t-spin elevators kind of makes me want to make a stupid exploration game based on rotating tetris pieces

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2018, 08:56:39 PM »
cute.... i have no idea how that would work so that means u should do it so i can see what u are talking about....

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2018, 09:31:20 PM »
i think i mite it would basically be based on stuff like this

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 03, 2018, 09:34:52 PM »
Apparently our Youtube embed script is pulling from the insecure version.