Author Topic: e3 mega thread  (Read 8468 times)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
e3 mega thread
« on: June 10, 2018, 03:12:21 PM »
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

Giik

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 44
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: He/Him
Re: e3 mega thread
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:45:32 PM »
video

games

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »
flower kitty

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 06:19:18 PM »
rindley actually confirmed for  smash 5

cati

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 01:00:44 PM »
heres my e3pinions

i cant believe microsoft's conf was the best?!?! i can believe ea's was hot garbage tho

tunic looks cool+cute, im actually interested in forza especially the real estate and taxi driving stuff?????? yakuforza. uh that one stopmotion desert game i can't remember the name of looks rad as hell too (e: it's sable). and im always down for more life is strange.

ubiconf was ok. division looks like boring fascist trash as usual, rabbids looks fun, cant believe of all the nintendo characters it could have been, star link stars fox. missed opportunity.
im hype for beyond good and evil 2 but i think the crowdsourced assets thing is v sketchy. like i get it from a perspective of having a lot of different music and art styles around the game, rather than the graffiti and music across all the planets feeling like one person did it all, but i think theres better ways to do this kind of thing than a billion dollar business asking people to put time and effort into spec work.
id raise the fundpot from $50,000 to something much higher. ubisoft can afford it. then i'd ask people to send in portfolios rather than creating new stuff, have a team of people look through and flag up styles that have promise, and commission those artists and musicians to do a few pieces (with money in advance for the draft and the rest on completion), or straight up hire them.
assassin odyssey looks ok. i played one of the ass2 games a while back, brotherhood i think? and that was fun but it also felt like something that i was satisfied that i didn't need to play any more of ever again.

sonys conf sounds like boring trash im glad i didnt stay up til 4 in the morning to watch. i did go from not caring about norman reedus and the funky fetus to being v intrigued tho. hype for another game where ur a delivery person (yoku's island delivery is good btw).

was kind of expecting more from nintendos but smash looks cool. mech game at the start did nothing for me but i liked when the music suddenly stopped. that part was good because i didn't have to listen to that music any more.
mario party looks good this time tho????????? and i might finally get a fire emblem that isn't the smt crossover one.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 03:00:44 PM by cait »

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 04:54:20 PM »
cait did you watch the bethesda one, it was fun to yell at

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 05:25:34 PM »
nah i didn't stay up for that one. what did i miss?

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 06:28:43 PM »
todd did cusses and tried out his stand up routine. then they announced Fall's Out 76 as some nusty MMO shooter thing; Elder Scroll's: Blade's, an incredible mobile elser scrolled experience where you decimate common skeletons by smacking them with your Blade, features 3 game modes Town, Dungeon, and Arena, its a free game available for preorder(? lol); announced a new franchise set in space, the only thing left for bethesda to do since they already have medieval and post-apocalyptic covered, also the announcement was just some space structure and a particle effect; announced Elder Skrims 6 by showing a generic game environment with the text Elder Scrolls VI over it; also there was a good music act at the start of it

overall it was entertaining but i probably wont ever own anything that can play any of it besides Blade's

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 07:11:14 PM »
i made this thread as a sort of oblique joke because i wasnt planning on actually watching any of e3. but im glad people watched it and are posting about it. i love to read post's thanks everyone

what was cool about the mario party game cait? i havent really been interested in mario parteys since the n64 ones...... i think when i was a kid my friend rented like mp4 and mp6 at some points and they were totally forgettable. but a switch mario party could be cool because i can bring my switchy to a frends house and we can play it.....

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 07:23:09 PM »
I didn't watch E3 either (pretty sure Giant Enemy Crab was the last one I actually watched).  I did check out some of the content afterwards though.

Excited for Sekiro to see what FromSoft has been up to.  I'm very much on the Souls-like choochoo train.

Elder Scrolls 6 will probably be good but we already knew they were working on it and they showed nothing in the trailer, so I don't see that anything has really changed there.

I started reading the Dark Tower series.  This doesn't have anything to do with E3, but we could talk about it if any of are interested.

That's my E3 post see you again next year.

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 07:33:24 PM »
The most Innovative thing about Super Mario Party is that it has some side-games using weird gimmicks where you combine two (portable mode) Switches for use in a single game. In particular, it can determine how they're oriented with each other to make a larger playing field - looking at other gameplay, it's possible this is just accomplished by having you draw a line across the two screens. Despite people apparently finding that stuff intriguing, all I can think of is "you need two Switches and probably two copies of the game, so how many people will just never play these??"

The actual innovation is that they seemed to spend some time actually refining Mario Party a little. They ditched the "everyone travels in one car" mechanic of the last two games to go back to the usual style. You can use a normal 1-6 dice block or a weighted one unique to that character. There are quality of life things like an "X spaces until the star" indicator, info on what taking either path at a fork leads to, and explanations of what spaces do. There's also weird changes like stars costng 10 coins, losers in minigames still getting 2 coins, draws giving everyone 5 coins, and a 10-turn option that I don't think has ever existed before. I don't know how much of this means the game will be good, but they're trying??

Anyway, E3 has been largely neat-looking things for games I'll never play but I'm happy for people who will play them. I'm excited for Ori 2 and Cuphead DLC. Smash is gonna be good. I'm glad Hollow Knight Switch was freed from hell and the Splatoon 2 expansion is coming tonight.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 07:57:19 PM »
wow that two switch thing is weird..... one of my fave things about the switch is i can easily bring it anywhere to play games with friends who dont own one lol i guess maybe its cool if you have a lot of hardcore gamerz as friends who all have their own switchy

reminds me a bit of zelda four swords adventures, a great game where its impossible for 99.999% of people to play multiplayer because each player needs their own entire game boy advance and gba-to-gamecube link cable (i was lucky enough to get to play it with friends a couple times as a kid tho)

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 08:06:25 PM »
Hollow Knight is great.  Don't own a Switcheroo but it seems like it would do well on that platform.

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 08:35:13 PM »
yeah the thing that stood out about mario party to me was the multiple switches gimmick vg mentioned. i think the 3ds one lets you download a free version that only works if one of you has the full version, so i guess they'll probably have a similar setup for this one?

ive never actually played any of the mario parties and i dont think this one's gonna change that, but it just seemed kinda notable to me that they seem to be putting effort into this and the other mario spinoffs lately, after how barebones all the wii u ones were. and im a sucker for devs using hardware in unexpected ways, even if by its nature it's something most people arent gonna get to use.

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
i might get to try out dual switch mario party since im living campus life and some friends of mine have swatches and we get together for games sometimes. yah mostly just looking forward to having a new mario party game in general tho - good local co-op console games are far and few between it feels like these days.

im looking forward to doom eternal. and also spiderman for the ps4 looks like it might be fun.

i dont care that much about smash but i think it's funny ridley is finally in it and im excited to get my main, pichu back.

i didnt actually watch e3 but i tried to look through highlights

cuphead dlc is unexpected