Author Topic: la mulana 2 cutey club  (Read 49203 times)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: la mulana 2 cutey club
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2018, 03:08:08 AM »
in la-mulana 1 (or the remake at least) the giants are referred to as "brothers" and they are always referred to with he/him/his pronouns in the tablets but in la-mulana 2 ledo is a girl.... thinking emoji
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2018, 04:31:28 AM »
It's probably just a translation thing where they assumed "kyoudai" was "brothers," But Still

EDIT: Found the line, and I'm exactly right, plus there aren't any gendered words about Ledo. But Trans In English
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:33:48 AM by vgperson »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2018, 05:37:07 AM »
i figured it was a translation thing but i like that interpretation of the english version.... it fits well with the fact that [sp]abuto recorded the history of the giants, and he clearly disliked ledo since he forced/manipulated sakit into killing her[/sp]

[sp]also what does it even mean that ledo is sakits "wife". my thoughts went from "oh thats normal and makes sense" to "wait did sakit marry his sister??" "wait thats probably okay if your society only has nine people in it who are all born from the same entity" "wait why and how do they even have marriage"[/sp]

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2018, 05:53:56 AM »
I dunno, but [sp]there's at least one married couple among the First Children (Izanagi and Izanami), so the concept could've persisted from there??[/sp]

[sp]Also, I forget with all the Puzzle Knowledge pushing it out, but I want to say La-Mulana 2 does say there were more giants than just the nine, and those were just the last. "Siblings" could arguably be metaphorical as well.[/sp]

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2018, 05:59:52 AM »
i played a bit of lm1 again tonight and actually, [sp]the nine named giants were the first:
"We are the second race born of the great Mother. We were created in order to return the Mother to the heavens. Let me tell you the sad tale of our race. The race began with nine brothers: Zebu, Bado, Migela, Ledo, Futo, Abuto, Ji, Ribu, and Sakit."
there must have been more but they would have come after the original nine (born from the survivors of the giants conflict or something), unless lm2 retconned that (i cant remember if it did)
[/sp]

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2018, 06:04:17 AM »
Again, might have been a translation-based "retcon." [sp]The Japanese doesn't say they "began" it, but "governed it" (一族を治めた).[/sp] I still might have misremembered the LM2 stuff.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2018, 06:11:58 AM »
oh, interesting..... i also just realized lm2 says [sp]abuto was the last giant to have lived (in his inscription in the la-mulana ruins)[/sp] so i think you were right that [sp]they were the last of their race[/sp]

i also have a note saying that [sp]bergelmir is the first of the frost giants, so thats at least one other named giant.... mimir might have been a giant too but i cant remember[/sp]

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2021, 01:11:32 PM »
wow lamulaney2 is nearly three years old

perhaps the cutey club can be revived for the new dlc

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2021, 10:39:28 AM »
woha?! dilc??

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2021, 04:56:39 AM »
so what's the appeal of la-mulana in y'all's opinion? i remember trying to play it before any of its remasters but i just had no idea where to go. and then the fact that it's apparently some insanely cryptic puzzle game that cant be beaten without looking up hints kind of turned me off (altho i do feel like the concept of that is kinda cool). i kinda wanna get into lamulana because ive always heard it's a really cool game but i also probably dont have huge amounts of time to devote to it. but im wondering if it would even be fun if i was just looking up the answers to the puzzles all the time.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2021, 01:08:11 PM »
to me the whole appeal that its a huge cryptic puzzle world that you slowly chip away at as you explore. you will probably need to look up hints unless you are really dedicated but its fun to sea how far you can get on your own..... i like the original "msx style" version of lamulana1 but i think its harder to understand what to do in it than the remasters. it might just not be your thing at all though if you arent okay with wandering around having no idea what to do for long periods of time

wilde32

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: Consider replacing your battery.
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2021, 10:56:09 AM »
yeha im lazy and anything that requires more effort than aus is a turnoff to me. i didn't like how hollow knight was so stringent with its fast travel points and that you need to buy a sheet of paper before you can auto map