Author Topic: important stream  (Read 16396 times)

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
Re: important stream
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2019, 12:32:00 AM »
Man, Joogle New is kind of a wild look into what we figured was wrong with Joogle Old at the time, and we actually did improve a number of things?

- There's actual grid-based map-switching that preserves your position and character. Still drops your inputs and makes you re-press it, though.
- Joogle and Pilid move at the same fast speed, and there's actually no differences between them thus far besides character gates. I think the idea was they'd get different powers from the keys, which would be kind of cool? I definitely recall thinking an air dash would be a more fun Air Key implementation.
- The main characters animate differently depending on state, instead of just the same constant jiggle.
- Joogle and Pilid live in some regular house and King Surn is nowhere in sight.
- Textboxes have faces and expressions when Joogle and Pilid are speaking.
- The tutorial is done with a bunch of (sentient) signs that are trying just as hard as usual to be funny.
- There's a placeholder for a Belvice introduction cutscene and four empty screens of Joogle City.
- Blagons have been changed to weird dogs or something.
- There are numerous NPC designs, clearly Sylvie-drawn in a different bouncy style. Some of them are cats.
- There's a keycard door that's supposed to be the current end point, but because of the lack of Crave Saving, you can't backtrack to it after getting the keycard due to a switch no longer being held down. So clearly, the impossible task of Crate Saving killed Joogle New.

Not sure if I'll be able to catch the stream on time, but I might upload this to be suggested if Chess shows an interest.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2019, 12:43:43 AM »
ooh i want to see the sylvie npcs..... i think i remember a duck or something?
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2019, 12:52:41 AM »
http://vgperson.com/games/JoogleNew.zip

I added the F2 scaling to this also, including changing it in-game. (You just have to make the scale variable global, add it to Joogle too, and refer to view_wview and view_hview instead of room size. He's always there other than the title screen, which is why the Escape function is in his event in both games.) You can left/right-click to move Joogle around, allowing you to see a little bit more past the keycard door.

Also, yeah, there was definitely going to be airdashing for Joogle but not Pilid. There's no way to enable it, though, even with the F7 debug menu.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2019, 01:07:56 AM »
lol theres a fun bug where if you press down twice on a save zone then press z you get an error.... you dont have to fix it though unless you wanna.... also those bouncy npcs are pretty cute, good job me from years ago

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2019, 03:34:25 AM »
second stream starting in about 20mins https://twitter.com/videoChess/status/1167641458205028352

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2019, 03:53:13 AM »

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2019, 03:01:54 PM »
never knew that joogle was so good

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2019, 07:52:02 PM »
finished the stream, what a good game

especially everything from the mole boss onwards is immensely powerful

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2019, 10:22:41 PM »
the part with the keys was real good

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2019, 11:55:17 PM »
really liked the chapter screen when you get to the castle and made a dumb yttd crossover art

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2019, 12:03:06 AM »
Finally, it's clear to me what sort of game Joogle should be revived as...

(Really that's extremely good.)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2019, 03:47:12 AM »
Narrator: It was a typical day in Joogopolis. A large black monster rose from the depths of earth with a terrible screech, blocking out the sun and shrouding the city in darkness. The Joogles gazed at the spectacle, frozen with fear, as the monster turned its fiery gaze towards them. The giant dragon Belvice had once again emerged from his underground lair, with more arbitrary demands for the Joogles to meet.

Belvice: ATTENTION, CITIZENS OF JOOGLONIA! Today, I have a fairly simple demand for you fools. All you must do is bring me a turkey! And I want a live one!

RandomJoogle: A what?
RandomJoogle2: Turkey?
RandomJoogle3: What is he talking about?

Belvice: FOOLISH JOOGLITES! Have you not heard of the turkey? Everyone knows what a turkey is! It's a type of bird! You eat it! It tastes good!

Narrator: The crowd of Joogles talked amongst each other. None of them had heard of this so-called "turkey". What was it? Where were they supposed to find one?

Belvice: SILENCE! I don't care if you're all stupid. You Jooglers better bring me a turkey fast, or I'll destroy your precious Joogle City!

Narrator: With that, Belvice quickly vanished back into the earth.

(cut to inside city hall or something)

Narrator: Later that day, the Joogles held a meeting.

President Surn: We've contacted other cities, and it seems that we're not alone in our apparent ignorance: nobody seems to have heard of this "turkey". We'll continue searching the planet, but we need to expand our horizons if we want to save our city. That's why I've gathered you here, citizens of Joogopolis: we must find someone brave enough to travel to nearby planets in search of this legendary creature. Who is willing to make this journey?

Narrator: The Joogles looked around the room anxiously. Space travel technology was still in development and hadn't been tested very much; it could be quite dangerous. Was anyone willing to take such a risk? After several minutes of awkward silence, the answer seemed obvious.

Surn: Fine! I'll have to choose then! You! What's your name?

Joogle: My name's Joogle, sir.

Surn: You're going to space!

(cut to rocket flying through space, Joogle and Pilid inside)

Pilid: Did you have to drag me along on this?

Joogle: Pilid, we're brothers. We have to stick together.

Pilid: No we don't. This rocket's a piece of junk. It's probably going to explode any minute now. I want to go home. I'm hungry.

Joogle: Stop whining. Look, there's a planet up ahead! Let's check it out.

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2019, 03:55:37 AM »
wow joogle is an anthology

marbles-box

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »
JOOGLER on the Block

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2019, 02:46:48 AM »
BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

How did i - the ULTIMATE DUck - miss a live stream of my favorite game of all time, the Ultimate Joogler Bros 2003?

bro i have no idea when ill have time to watch this replay but im definitely doing it at some point

how did she even discover JOGL.

edit: nvm sylvie friend