Author Topic: Topic: Video Grames in the Year 2017  (Read 35655 times)

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
Re: Topic: Video Grames in the Year 2017
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »
nice.... i definitely have died many times in my three hours of playing or whatever lol... its nice to have a zelda game that isnt afraid to kill u

cati

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 67
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
yeah, i think they've handled the difficulty really well.

ive been playing and dying a lot in link between worlds on hero mode lately, and that's kinda frustrating because enemies who were balanced around just dealing a few hearts of damage now instantly kill you, and it feels cheap rather than challenging.

but in botw, every time ive died so far it's definitely felt like my own fault for getting greedy or going in unprepared, and it's always been a "haha whoops i died" moment rather than a "what the fuck this game's busted 0/10" moment

i guess it helps that they made a game thats difficult by default with options to make it easier, like tanking through by eating after every hit taken or sniping from a distance with bomb arrows, rather than making an easy game and scaling up the numbers for people who want a challenge. i wonder how people who aren't as into games are finding it.
this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2017, 03:06:59 PM »
i mean... personally im not really into a lot of games... i guess maybe u should define "game's". like botw is probably comparable to a skrim or fall-out right? i tried fall-outs once but it was incredibly uninteresting and i wasnt good at all the shooting the bad guy parts (the whole game).... but this game is different.. i like trying different methods for sneakin up on enemies. also i like how it doesnt take 1000 years to explain every last thing to you, it really feels like youre just being cut loose to figure everything out for yourself so im really excited to keep exploring

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2017, 03:07:39 PM »
but yeah the deaths thing u were talking about has been exactly my experience!!!

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2017, 03:24:03 PM »
i mean... personally im not really into a lot of games... i guess maybe u should define "game's".

i was thinking along the lines of people who don't really follow games news or ever post about them online, but maybe played some of the old zeldas and picked up botw on a whim. like i think it'd be really interesting to hear how they're finding the changes to the formula and the difficulty, because it'd give a good idea as to whether or not nintendo'll stick with this direction for their games.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:31:37 PM by cait »
this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2017, 03:26:18 PM »
yeah that would be cool....... im looking forward to gettin off work to play zeldon lol :honeydew:

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
i only stopped because my gamepad ran out of charge :(

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2017, 03:36:26 PM »
are u just playin on the tablet??

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2017, 03:46:40 PM »
nah, but the way i've got everything wired up and cable-tidied, i can't charge the controller while i'm playing unless i sit right in front of the tv. it's just never been a problem before now because i usually only play an hour of anything at a time.

it's probably for the best though really, i had no idea i'd been playing it for so long until i stopped
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:48:16 PM by cait »

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
haha cute.... i guess i cant tell because theres so much overlap, but are u playing on the switch or wee-u

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2017, 05:23:18 PM »
wii u. i kinda wanna get a switch at some point though
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 05:28:34 PM by cait »

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »
i'm not past the starting area yet but i really love that the world feels designed to be like a playground kinda. full of interesting terrain and props and life to interact with, lil challenges and fun hidden optional puzzles that reward curiosity. feels carefully designed (a river! but the bridge is broken??) but never overly restrictive like "you must do this exact series of steps to proceed". most open world stuff feel very sterile and uninteractive in comparison

like honestly my favourite thing is just being able to climb up everything, no invisible walls or too-steep terrain to get in the way of exploration

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2017, 06:44:38 PM »
yeah i love it..... also i found a blue and yellow horse and idk if all of u cuteys could tell but those are my favorite colors

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2017, 04:18:27 AM »
ive been playing for 8 hours...: i wanna make a longpost about all the cool ass shit ive been doin

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »
i wanna play zebbo!!!
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~