Author Topic: All To Get Her  (Read 104810 times)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: All To Get Her (Cutey Preview)
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2017, 01:48:19 AM »
u can actually finish 4-8 with 2 extra bombs & use em to skip the monster door in 4-9..... cool strat for full-game runs, which i will probably never do
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2017, 01:56:34 AM »
theres some fun ways to bomb past the monster door in 4-6 too but it doesnt seem to save time.....

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2017, 01:59:10 AM »
actually maybe this is the staff time route..... the intended way seems rly slow

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2017, 02:06:36 AM »
yeha i got 13.85 by skipping the door

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2017, 02:08:49 AM »
Oh yeah, I changed the save format slightly, so those broke. It might change again by the final version.

The Intermission 3 music plays at double pitch, so it was keeping the same pitch because the interactions caused by having the fade-outs and songs with intros is kind of complicated, so I overlooked it. The same thing would happen with the fast intro music.

The 4-10 teleport trick is cool. Lowering it to 14, though I expect it'll be tricky for most to figure out. Also, I guess dropping the bomb through the wood doors isn't necessary at all, huh. I could probably force it by adding some spikes, but I won't.

Yeah, I noticed it was possible to get down there too. The top/bottom "extension" blocks have special properties that make them unusable for spells and indestructible - I believe that when they didn't have those, they didn't really behave how you'd expect. Also, I think it's better not to risk bombing out of a screen into an empty void and the game saving there. (While it's not supposed to save in empty screens, there are some screens that need to have a row of void blocks for the correct visuals, so they're not empty.) But yeah, if you could get down to the lower screen, I'm pretty sure you could restart and skip a bunch of levels. I don't know if I want a skip that big, though.

My 4-6 route was bombing past the door, yes. I think it's a lot faster.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2017, 02:52:15 AM »
23.65 on 4-9
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2017, 03:11:19 AM »
10.35 on 4-5

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2017, 03:17:30 AM »
cool glitch u can do in 4-4..... set things up like this

then trigger the bomb and hold right & u will push the explosion along with the crate

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2017, 03:50:12 AM »
23.51 on 4-4 (without glitch)

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2017, 03:58:39 AM »
I can't get quite that fast on 4-9, but lowered the time a little.

Oh, I didn't realize the switch timing in 4-5 worked out that well, so I was going over to the left corner and Dangering twice to kill both armors.

Oops. The explosion is secretly just a "mode" of the bomb object, so... That'll be fixed.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2017, 04:49:00 AM »
4-1 is tuff.... its hard to make the cycle and when i do i keep getting 13.6 or 13.7 (i got exactly 13.50 once)

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2017, 04:56:20 AM »
finally i got 13.46.... beat all the staff time's now

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2017, 12:17:57 AM »
I just noticed a bug where picking up boxes would shift Brooke way over if she was standing in the right position above. This was because I was checking whether Brooke was on the box at the wrong time, so fixing it also made it so Brooke always stays on the box when you jump/fall, instead of repeatedly falling and landing back on it.

This could make some levels a little faster, so I updated the beta if you want to check that. It also makes the "super jump" way easier to do, even with one player. (And, separate from that, I changed Berserk from "usable if the selected space is open" to "usable in any direction as long as you won't immediately hit a wall/corner and cancel it," which seemed to make more sense.)

EDIT: Made two more fixes: Girls won't get stuck in the top of a pushed box if they fall into its path, and placing a bomb near a spike will no longer "protect" you from half of the spike. The latter fix probably has some other ramifications, because it now correctly returns all objects being collided with, not just the first batch it finds - standing in two conflicting gates at once now works slightly differently, for instance.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:58:52 AM by vgperson »

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2017, 01:24:18 AM »
Okay hey I'm like two levels from finishing the game. Once I make those, and the ending scenes, and do a full test playthrough, I'll post the last beta, and release not long after that.

To those who contributed to testing, how do you want to be credited? I can credit individual people if they want to be and lump the rest into "Super Cutey Club" or something.

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2017, 01:52:43 AM »
lookin 4-ward to the last beta!!!