Author Topic: animes  (Read 26639 times)

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
Re: animes
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2019, 09:58:47 PM »
you ever just wanna post but dunno what to post about

anyway here's some unsolicited positive anime movie opinions

Liz and the Blue Bird
There's one scene right near the start where a character is going up a flight of stairs and kinda spins their heel as they do a 180 to the next set & it makes a nice floor noise. I think about that scene a lot. I've never noticed the foley as much as i have in this film.
I read the director had briefly considered a k-on movie where yui tries to thread a needle for a couple of hours and i'd watch that also.

Penguin Highway
Fun adventure romp about the scientific method. The main kid felt like a Haruki Murakami protag. They were v positive and upbeat all through the movie & i wanted to root for them.

Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
Lovely movie about time and motherhood with well-executed time skips. I was impressed at the world design, you only get little glimpses of each town but they're full of atmosphere and evocative aesthetic touches.

Lu Over the Wall
The segue into the opening is wonderful. The character designs and animations are always fun and bouncy.

The Night Is Short, Walk On Girl
Sharing the set of characters with Tatami Galaxy is a cute decision, playing on the familiar character roles of familiar characters if you've watched the latter. I enjoyed that each act seemed rather distinct at first but everything slowly builds up and collides with each other.

Time of Eve
I appreciate this director's style with the cg environments and 3d camera, which come together to give the cafe a real sense of place & character. The cafe is cozy and friendly and I want to hang out there. The music when they enter the cafe is extremely powerful to the point in which only fan-extended versions of it seem to exist on youtube. Probably my fave animovie??

Patema Inverted
The concept is rad and the gravity scenes give me butterflies in my stomach. Wanna make a co-op platformer where you hold hands in different gravities.

Howl's Moving Castle
My fave ghimbli movie, I adore everybody moving into the castle and becoming cool flatmates and I think it would make a v watchable sitcom. I wrote some episode synopses that are probably entertaining for only me but i can post them if anyone want's

When Marnie Was There
This is also my fave ghrumbli movie and I really resonate with Anna. The credits song makes me cry.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:06:14 PM by juner »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »
i know its late but i just wanna say thanks for the good post. i was gonna reply to it with something about how i dont really watch anime movies because its hard to get them without piracy but i forgot to do it. i watched some of liz and the blue bird thanks to a friend who bought it and streamed it but my connection got really bad halfway through so i missed a lot of it. the part i saw was really good so im sad i didnt see more.....
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

juner

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2019, 10:22:05 PM »
thanks! yeah i've been trying to catch what i can while they show at cinemas but their releases are so limited... was considering journeying to scotland to watch promare and weathering with you but i just narrowly missed tickets. which has at least saved me a lot of travelling costs

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2019, 11:18:03 PM »
if this is movie talk did anyone watch the steven universe movie

juner

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2019, 08:11:29 PM »
I did! Spinel is great. [sp]Was a little worried about the kinda "everyone's lost their memories, all progress is reverted" stuff but it led to some nice character moments & good tunes. Good movie.[/sp]

Looking forward to steven universe future!!

cati

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 67
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2019, 09:52:47 PM »
yeah it was good. im kinda curious if theyre gonna keep steven just being kind of a tactless dick now, like how he just ditched spinel as soon as he got what he wanted from her, immediately after hearing about how his mom did the exact same thing. and then how he palmed her off again minutes later. it seemed out of step with his character up til now, so itd be interesting if theyre intentionally writing him to have negative character development.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 07:07:33 PM by cait »
this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2019, 03:39:25 AM »
yeha definitely wondering what direction they're gonna take steven universe in w/ respect to character development, seems interesting though.

also spinel is a good villain - both on her own and i like how her existence retroactively affects the rest of the show.