Author Topic: vidogääms 16: cute edition  (Read 77832 times)

Zecks

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 16
  • wksg
    • View Profile
vidogääms 16: cute edition
« on: January 25, 2016, 12:01:57 PM »
To the fans eagerly awaiting the release of Mighty No. 9, Unfortunately, we have an announcement that will be very disappointing to all of you. In preparation for the February release of Mighty No. 9 we have been working hard with our partners to resolve any network issues and porting work necessary to publish Mighty No. 9 on the various platforms. However, the issues relating to the network modes were more critical than expected, and it has become apparent that we will need to delay the game from its February 9th release date. We have been working up until the very last moment to resolve these issues in order to make the February release, but it has become clear that we no longer have enough time to fix the issues and have everything prepared for release.

cati

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 67
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
Re: vidogääms 16: cute edition
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »
it just wouldnt be a not-megaman game without online multiplayer
this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 05:03:00 PM »
kickstarter is the ideaman's playground

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 05:52:30 PM »
I still like it.  Lots of cool stuff was made that likely wouldn't have been otherwise.  Just don't treat it like a storefront.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 05:54:42 PM »
i watched a vid of mighty no9 a while ago and it looked uncute imo.......
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
i should kickstart myself a patreon so i can begin development on cat planets (note the s, its a sequel)
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »
i think kickstarters great for things where most of the creative heavy lifting's already been done and you just need the money for polish or production, like if you want to publish a webcomic or give your already prototyped + planned out game Graphics or More Levels or something.

a bad kickstarter would be something like "yeah we're thinking of making a game, give us money and we'll think a bit harder about it", ie 99% of videogame kickstarters since and including the doublefine one.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:06:12 PM by cait »

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2016, 07:03:36 PM »
also

The reason for the delay is rooted in bugs inside the network modes, and specifically problems with matchmaking. There are two large reasons for this problem, one of them being the large number of platforms supported (the solution for each platform is slightly different) and the other stems from the fact that the engine we are using is no longer being updated which means adjustments for matchmaking and online code are being made manually (actually reprogramming parts of the engine by the dev team themselves).

i really like the idea that if the unreal engine 3 was still being updated, they'd probably have added a Mighty No 9 Networking module in there somewhere
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 07:06:46 PM by cait »

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 09:00:39 PM »
i think kickstarters great for things where most of the creative heavy lifting's already been done and you just need the money for polish or production, like if you want to publish a webcomic or give your already prototyped + planned out game Graphics or More Levels or something.

a bad kickstarter would be something like "yeah we're thinking of making a game, give us money and we'll think a bit harder about it", ie 99% of videogame kickstarters since and including the doublefine one.

yeha also the updates for the homestuck adventure game are pretty funny too....... theres probably roughly uhhh no game made and its been like 3 years and its been at 3 different "production companies" so far or something

the ones that feature remarkable silence from the creators are pretty good too

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 09:22:55 PM »
i heard the original devteam for the homestuck game went awol and used the money to just make the new kings quest games instead

cati

• Cuter
    • View Profile

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 11:31:40 PM »
yep its the "Good Shit" alright

Nijuu

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 26
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: any
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 03:28:10 AM »

yeah pretty much. patreon and kickstarter are really cool conceptually since they can make game dev more accessible, shame kickstarter is heavily misused and they get a bad rap

i'm sad that barkley 2 seems to be progressing slowly, i hope it doesn't become vaporware

Nijuu

• Cutey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 03:34:53 AM »
mighty no. 9 is just depressing but at least there's always the last good canon mega man games, 9 10 and megamari

Nijuu

• Cutey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 03:37:24 AM »