Author Topic: video gim 2 thousand and 020  (Read 37343 times)

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile
Re: video gim 2 thousand and 020
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2020, 07:21:21 AM »
It was given away for free on EGS.  Twice.  I got it both times.

Haven't played it though.

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 04:05:24 PM »
i bought celeste - definitely a matt game but im bad at stopping so i ended up playing like 3 hrs im on the 4th level now. it's pretty fun i didnt know it had climbing though --> between dashing + jumping i usually die not because i mess up the timing but just because i pick the wrong action

dcco

• Cutest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 02:31:51 AM »
getting close to the end of celeste - it's kinda weird seeing how much matt's storytelling has evolved. it's cool though.

also it's pretty unbelievable to me how good speedrunners of this game are, and i further cant believe the best runner of the game uses a ps4 controller

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 06:03:23 AM »
I can.  The PS4 controller is perfection distilled.

marbles-box

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 01:53:52 PM »
I've been considering for a while to post here about games i played last year, just like juner posted
now it's the 48th of january so i think I'm going to post. i dont remember much of what i did last year because that was a year ago but i've been able to pick out some of the more significant games i've played

Super Hydorah - plus version of a game called Hydorah. it's a scrolling shooter. I played the original on the computer some years ago and got good enough to the point where i could consistently single-cc the game. now i suck at it. maybe i'm used to a keyboard and cant do scrolly shooty things on a switch joycon. ill have to try again at some point and see some more of the new levels that were added. would highly recommend the original game its free and its fun (link is to the super version a
https://www.locomalito.com/super_hydorah.php

Memoirs of Magic - technically a gzdoom wad but its so elaborate i'd consider it to be separate. its an fps with a cute aesthetic. it has cute characters and it feels so good to run around and shoot things. it's very very hard.
https://strawberryoctii.itch.io/memoirs-of-magic

Sulphur Nimbus: Hel's Eilixer - i think sum1 made a post to announce this game's release. it is a 3d fly-y platformer-y game. the flying mechanics are realistic and very fleshed out. flying in this game feels very fun and fluid, as does the rest of the game.
https://oddwarg.itch.io/sulphur-nimbus-hels-elixir

Pupy World - :3 very fun and cute and magical experience. it was an honor to be able to shove myself into betatesting
http://wolfpupy.com/pupyworld/

Mindustry - open ended sandbox tower defence type video game. automate the production of high level resources and defend your base from a continuous onslaught of enemies. it's quite fun to play. however, the community is kinda toxic! i'd advise against public multiplayer in this game. the game itself is very cool though. i made a mod for it, i think. the game constantly updates so i wonder if its json api has changed since, preventing it from working.
https://anuke.itch.io/mindustry

Blacksea Odyssey - got this one on switch. i guess it's a roguelike? you play as a funny man riding on a space surfboard in space and you throw spears at giant space monsters and use a space harpoon to rip off their space body parts. it is very cool game but starting a run is a bit painful, since you always start off crazy weak and need to collect upgrades to have any hope of surviving later levels. after that, however, the game is very fun for play. i'd recommend getting not getting this on switch. probably pc or something because i cannot for the life of me aim spears and harpoons with a stick.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/369550/Blacksea_Odyssey/

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2020, 07:25:06 PM »
good post!! i'm reminded that i downloaded Sulphur Nimbus but didn't get past the first boss fight. the flying and the general momentum-based platforming were really fun though & also educational

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 04:44:29 AM »
wow memoirs of magic looks like really cool aesthetics!!! but if its hard i might not do so good...

some of the art reminds me of this https://beefstrong.itch.io/cautious-v-

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 04:53:53 AM »
sadly i dont know how to play the game i linked.............

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2020, 05:07:13 AM »
memoirs of magic is fun to explore in but i am not good at all at fighting shit....................................................

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2020, 06:41:37 AM »
aw i was reading a guide and it says the fire imp is a hard character to play but he is the cutest one.......

dcco

• Cutest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »
it's crazy that doom is still coming out with DLC. still havent beaten sonic robo blast 3

Nijuu

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 26
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: any
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 05:34:16 AM »
Cross code is good.

Nijuu

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 26
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: any
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2020, 05:37:33 AM »
has anybody here played Artifact Adventure. seems like something this forum might find interesting. it has a little bit of the empty directionless zen that old games have.

dcco

• Cutest
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 06:03:35 AM »
apparently i have searched it beofre it looks cool would you recommend

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 09:20:54 PM »
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination