Author Topic: Segata Sanshiro  (Read 15776 times)

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Segata Sanshiro
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 05:59:26 AM »
Do you guys think YouTubers pay other YouTubers to appear in their videos?

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 01:42:43 PM »
I don't really watch those Youtubers.  But if there's mutual benefit through cross-promotion, then I'm sure many do it for free.

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 07:32:48 PM »
i feel like it probably depends on how close they are - like i see a lot of youtubers who have a clear friend group and they all appear in each others vids.

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 03:07:44 AM »
When Aladdin wished to be a prince and he and the Genie stormed the palace during the "Prince Ali" number, I assume all the servants and animals he came in with (his forty fakirs, his cooks, his bakers, his birds that warble on key) were all fake illusions made with genie-magic, right?

Did nobody at the palace get suspicious when they didn't have to find accommodations for all of those servants and animals?

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2020, 10:22:55 AM »
Aladdin logic is really confusing.  Wishes seem terribly impractical.  They should spell out if they are a transferable contract, if and when they renew, and what the terms are of the agreement.

🐰 goodies 🐰

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 39
  • avvo by Flipy
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: Him, he
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2020, 05:05:02 PM »
When Aladdin wished to be a prince and he and the Genie stormed the palace during the "Prince Ali" number, I assume all the servants and animals he came in with (his forty fakirs, his cooks, his bakers, his birds that warble on key) were all fake illusions made with genie-magic, right?

Did nobody at the palace get suspicious when they didn't have to find accommodations for all of those servants and animals?
You assume they were illusions, they could have all been random people, brought from their homes and magically forced to do all of this. This teaches some kind of lesson on how moving through the class system works. Probably.
🐰

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2020, 11:08:08 PM »
hey gamers im getting "session timed out" error messages when i try to news post.... one of my messages got through but since then it has never worked.... very mysterious
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 03:04:18 AM »
Session timeout is set for 48 hours, so that seems unlikely.  Probably just too much data causing an unexpected error to throw.

I can do a news dump and see if that fixes that.

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »
Man siivagunner did a rip of this really obscure indie game i played like once

when's a siivagunner craz'd rip coming out

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2020, 03:49:36 PM »
im 24% sure there is one!

cati

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
didn't see any craz'd ones but there's two based on 2

also i guess the forum software automatically embeds youtube playlists with just a link now
this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2020, 03:44:30 PM »
oh yeah! ive heard these! the second one is great. im pretty sure that song technically doesnt appear in the game, just on the ost.

i think it was some other ripper who did crazd...

wilde32

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: Consider replacing your battery.
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2020, 01:29:09 PM »
What's the easiest way to do seamless room transitions in Game Maker? I want to make a game where you scale a very tall tower, but having the entire tower be a single room would obviously not be ideal for performance reasons and I don't want to have any room transitions.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2020, 02:31:27 PM »
depending on how tall "very tall", is you might just be able to get away with just not drawing offscreen instances and not using instances for block collisions (use tile collisions or use a ds_grid that keeps track of where blocks are)

if you have played my game pupy world, that game mostly takes place in a single 3840x1080 room (i think thats the size, too lazy to open up game maker and check) and runs at a buttery smooth 30 fps even in the web browser

"seamless" transitions between separate rooms would be annoying, you probably have to do some kind of thing where you always have the next/previous room data loaded, and unload rooms when they get too far away? i dont think game maker has very good functionality for getting the data from a room other than the one you are in, so you would probably have to preprocess all the rooms and store the info in data structures at the start

you could also probably invent some kind of loading/unloading system like that which just uses a single room, and it wouldnt be that much slower. i dont think having a big room is inherently slow, the problem is that big rooms tend to have a lot of instances
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2020, 02:43:44 PM »
yes what sylvie said about big rooms not being inherently slow