Author Topic: Roll The World  (Read 5824 times)

| JQDGUY |

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 7
    • View Profile
Roll The World
« on: August 01, 2020, 09:20:31 PM »
Hey everyone. Long time no see.  I started posting on here back in 2006 when it was the helix community. Back then I used to make several J2E levels including A journey of a square and Constant recharging.

Some of you might remember me posting a game years ago called Roll The World which was a platformer game. At the time, it was unfinished. However, late last year after not working on it for about 9 years, I decided to finish it up. The game will now be releasing on August 14th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1323770/Roll_The_World/

The game has a lot of unique platforming tech, and it's honestly one of my favorite platformer games. Yes, I'm being very biased here, but I've been getting a lot of positive feedback from those who've tested it.

Since many of you were into these types of games when the forum was more centered around Jumper, I figured I'd come here to get some of your thoughts about the game.

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
Re: Roll The World
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:09:35 AM »
I recognize the username.  Congrats on finishing your game.  Best of luck on the release.

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 07:00:36 AM »
the jumper-era of indie games was truly the best era of indie games

suizinshu

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 69
  • house finch
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 08:22:47 PM »
Jequed!! It's good to see you again! Congratulations on the game, it looks really exciting and dynamic.

| JQDGUY |

• Cutey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 07:32:45 AM »
Thanks for the replies! I recognize a lot of usernames here as well including you SquareWheel!

Looks like people here are also making a bunch of cool platformer games. I'll have to check those out later!

Until recently, I had a mental block in my mind that I couldn't get over, so I was unable to make any levels for any of my games. I had basically convinced myself that I was terrible at level design. Then I remembered all the positive feedback I got here years ago with my j2e levels, and it gave me enough confidence to design the rest of the levels. Since getting over that mental block I have created LOT of level content for this game, so I'm glad I was able to be a part of this community.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 08:18:39 PM »
wow that looks like a really cool technical platformer....  :honeydew:

i think i dont have the patience for jumper style games anymore though lol i got kinda annoyed with the harder parts of celeste..... good job on finishing and soon releasing the game though, me & hubol are making a steam game too but ive delayed it like 4 times because of a lack of motivation
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

| JQDGUY |

• Cutey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 01:55:26 AM »
Roll The World has finally released! So glad that I had this community when I first started designing levels using J2E. It was my first exposure to having my work played by anyone online.

I'm super happy with how this game turned out. There's a TON of level content as well as collectibles that add lots of replay value. Even after playing through the game a second time, it still took me a full 24 hours to 100% it. Speaking of which, if you manage to get 100% in the game, your name will be permanently placed into the in-game 'hall of fame'!

Anyway, now that it's finished, I hope everyone gets a chance to enjoy it. Have fun!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1323770/Roll_The_World/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 09:20:50 AM by | JQDGUY | »