Author Topic: Hey, I'm someone who was active on the MattMakesGames forums back in the day  (Read 15438 times)

daskrip

• Lil' Cutey
  • Cutes: 2
    • View Profile
Never knew this existed and this is awesome. I googled the mattmakesgames forums and found the page that outlines its history.

I remember there being several Jumper fangames that were really cool. Are they all lost forever since that forum is gone? I'd love to go back and play those again. One fangame I distinctly remember is Jumper 2: Redux, and I think it's one of the most difficult games I played in my life. It was a level above Matt's games in difficulty.

There was a someone on the forum who was a good friend as well. We discussed An Untitled Story with each other a bunch. I remember how he grinded the Insanity run and eventually did it and blew my mind. BlackCastle on Insanity seemed like such an impossible feat. He may or may not be the user AUS in this forum. If you're around, AUS, please chime in.

It's incredible to see how big Matt is these days and I'm really happy for him. Pretty crazy, having grown up with Jumper and now seeing the behemoth that is Celeste.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
hey! its cool that you found this zone again....

i think some jumper fangames of that era have been preserved but not all of them.... vgperson has a couple i think? i dont know about jumper 2 redux though

the user dcco (also known as ducko) was the first person to beat untitled story on insanity i think. i havent seen him in a while though. there is also a user named AUS but i dont know whether they ever played untitled on insanity or whether they still check this forum
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

wilde32

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: Consider replacing your battery.
Welcome! I was from the MMG forums too, I was pretty young at the time so I posted some pretty immature things.
In some ways I'm glad those messages won't see the light of day again. Heh.
Matt has posted here a few times but he's by no means a regular. You'll see a lot of the same faces around here.

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
Ahoy hoy

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile

wilde32

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: Consider replacing your battery.
Matt has posted here a few times

???
Oh, I think that was on the Helixc forums instead. My bad.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
i think matt uses they/them pronouns now btw, and they use the name maddy on twitter although they still use matt on their website

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
    • View Profile
Isn't Maddy just the character from Celeste?

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
    • View Profile

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
when they changed their twitter display name to "maddy thorson" i interpreted it as "you can call me this new name" but idk, maybe its just a fun celeste reference? they still seem to use "matt" in a bunch of places (but that could just be because its awkward to change when your studio name was literally Matt Makes Games for a while)

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
what up im still here i just kind of have nothing much to say these days so i dont check as often

i beat untitled on insanity - i know that there's also some youtuber that did it? blackcastle on insanity is pretty bad but not as bad as the final boss imo, bc black castle is mostly deterministic.

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
also good morning my american friends hope yall are doing well in these anxious tiems

Tinister

• Cutest
    • View Profile
The worst thing Trump ever did was irreparably damage the minds of millions of people.  CMV

GanonsSpirit

• Cutey
  • Cutes: 1
    • View Profile
My favorite part of the MattMakesGames forum was when it was overrun with bots. I also like the drama when Matt made their girlfriend a mod.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 05:27:56 PM by GanonsSpirit »

Tinister

• Cutest
    • View Profile
Poor yup.