Author Topic: IguaRPG  (Read 5424 times)

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
Re: IguaRPG
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2023, 06:17:26 PM »
Started playing this week, up to the third boss!

Here's my igua, with a lil fringe and hat hair

• The enemy animations are incredibly good and characterful! Stuff like the way the string moves on the first enemy, and the wobbling hair of boss three
  • I love how flexible the creator is, being able to use the horn, tail etc more or less wherever you want
  • Had to grind for claw upgrades for boss two, think i was at claw level 5. The boss fights are great and i've found my problem is when bosses have no invuln periods it makes me want to be way too greedy and i just waltz into all the attacks lol
  • While i grinded, i heard the jungle music a lot. It has a really triumphant feel. Same energy as On To Grasstown from cavestory. good track
  • I don't think i've played a platformer bump combat game before. The sneezing angel enemy had a really fun attack pattern. The volcano enemy with the poison arrows has been much trickier to defeat consistently!
  • Very good variety in the temple doors. Think my fave so far was the one with the ball and the spikes
  • Got pranked real good
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 06:19:23 PM by juner »

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2023, 04:27:09 AM »
Hehe I love your igua!

The enemy animations are incredibly good and characterful! Stuff like the way the string moves on the first enemy, and the wobbling hair of boss three
Aw thanks! I'm glad that you noticed them :-) I like working on that kind of thing a lot...

I love how flexible the creator is, being able to use the horn, tail etc more or less wherever you want
I really like all the weird stuff people can accomplish with them... Before I released the demo I was going to have a more restrictive cap for the positioning of a lot of things but I'm glad I left it out!

Had to grind for claw upgrades for boss two, think i was at claw level 5. The boss fights are great and i've found my problem is when bosses have no invuln periods it makes me want to be way too greedy and i just waltz into all the attacks lol
I'm glad you like the fights! I was really channeling my Fromsoftware experiences for them... I like grinding in this game, haha.

While i grinded, i heard the jungle music a lot. It has a really triumphant feel. Same energy as On To Grasstown from cavestory. good track
I'm glad you like it! "Triumphant" is definitely what I was going for!!!

I don't think i've played a platformer bump combat game before. The sneezing angel enemy had a really fun attack pattern. The volcano enemy with the poison arrows has been much trickier to defeat consistently!
Hehe, I'm interested in how the rest of your iguadventure goes!

Very good variety in the temple doors. Think my fave so far was the one with the ball and the spikes
TYSM :-)

Got pranked real good
Hehe >:-)

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2023, 11:49:22 AM »
Finished the game this weekend!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hubol