Author Topic: sbw2  (Read 175046 times)

wilde32

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 24
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: Consider replacing your battery.
Re: sbw2
« Reply #390 on: September 09, 2020, 10:30:26 PM »
You two seem to share a very similar sense of humour.

I'm at 55 and a half medals and probably won't bother with the last few. Does the game collect metrics? I know there's the recommended and refund system but can you see how many people have played each game?

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #391 on: September 09, 2020, 11:18:23 PM »
there are some metrics being collected and stored locally but they arent sent anywhere... i’ve been thinking about having them sent to me because i feel a bit sad not knowing how people are playing the game! but maybe its not super important

the only other things sent to me are bogus crashes and tweets to borguscom

multiple people have gotten to gallery (because it crashed there), which is a good sign because that takes 20 medals to unlock haha

im glad you think we have similar senses of humor haha

wilde32

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 09, 2020, 11:56:52 PM »
woah, i didn't realise those got sent to an actual twitter.

that's pretty rad

wilde32

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 25, 2020, 12:18:41 AM »
Some form of public change logs would be nice. I have no idea what's new with each update.

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #394 on: November 25, 2020, 12:28:16 AM »
there are some on itch but i probably wont bother with anything more than that

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #395 on: January 16, 2021, 07:38:51 AM »
Awesome visual novel for you to be playing? https://hubol.itch.io/hubol-got-emotionally-poisoned-in-iowa

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 16, 2021, 10:20:58 AM »
it's real good & i love the art & choreography of the vignettes

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #397 on: January 16, 2021, 07:32:06 PM »
ahhh thank you :-)

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 21, 2021, 05:56:36 AM »
I'm still refreshing every day for Clockwork Calamity in Mushroom World.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2021, 04:17:51 AM »
aw sorry its taking so long.... i havent had the energy for it lately....
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

wilde32

• Cuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2021, 08:31:45 PM »
Awesome visual novel for you to be playing? https://hubol.itch.io/hubol-got-emotionally-poisoned-in-iowa
I'm confused. Is there supposed to be a connection between each scene? Sometimes it felt like there was a loose connection and sometimes it felt like there wasn't one at all.

Working at a job for the first time made me realise how emotionally dense I am. My coworkers talk about all these experiences that have made them feel special ways and have changed their lives, for better and for worse. I can't look back and recall feeling strongly about any particular event in my lifetime. Is it because I'm younger than them? Is it because my memory sucks? Is it because I'm autistic? Some combination of these?

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2021, 11:43:40 PM »
the only "thread" connecting the scenes is that
- they happened to me from may - december 2020
- they generally are presented in chronological order
- there are recurring "characters"

sometimes there are moments next to each other that let you connect them more closely, other times not so much

as for the other thing, i dont really know the answer. i think for me a lot of basic, mundane things can be really traumatic and i can really beat myself up over them long after they are over. e.g. today i had a strange interaction with a rando on the street who commented on the loud truck passing, and i think he was disappointed i wasnt very passionate about the subject. so actually significant things really affect me...

it makes me a bit sad that you feel like you have no strong events in your memory. do you feel envious of your coworkers' experiences?

dcco

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 112
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 11, 2021, 09:27:58 PM »
finally got around to reading "hubol got emotionally poisoned in iowa". i think it's a cool storytelling format and i appreciate the personal aspect of it as well. like it's trying to capture a certain type of feeling. i think the question asked at the end "what did i use to filter my memories" is an interesting one, even if there isn't a simple hard line answer to it.

also [at] emotional density, i spent five years really involved with a social rso at my uni and part of my job was getting to know and meet a lot of different people, and one thing i will say is, i dont think things like "not having strong experiences" is abnormal or anything - lots of people are like that. people have such a wide variety of backgrounds and things that motivate them / hold value to them - and that kind of thing affects even the way we remember things and process things emotionally.

there might be a "norm" at your current workplace because groups tend to form cultures. but i think what's more productive than trying to fit the "norm" of the environment that you're in (which might change depending on where you go), is simply to understand what kind of a person you are. i dont think being more or less emotional is inherently more valuable than the other.