Author Topic: last day of the cutey year  (Read 18333 times)

hubol

• Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 630
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
last day of the cutey year
« on: December 31, 2016, 02:17:09 PM »
what are u cuteys up to :dancedog:

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
Re: last day of the cutey year
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »
Well I just configured some backup routines after determining total capacity allowance.  Later I might play some Dark Souls 2, which is a good gam.

What are you up to, Frenchies?!

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 04:26:30 PM »
hm wow what does that first sentence have to do with??? is that for your computer or a server or what....

right now im at work working on my game... its a game about enjoying your retirement by hanging out in a field of tulips. right now the heightmap is broken so i need to fix that

ive never played a dank soul but i always confuse that game with diablo and demon souls and probably another one too

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 04:35:55 PM »
Dedicated server.  I just switched us off the legacy backup system and needed to set up some sane backup configs for the new one.

Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Demon Souls.  It's by the same developer (FromSoftware) but they lost the rights to the original name.  I'd been meaning to play them for years but finally got around to it, and now it's one of my favorite game series.

It's the kind of game that throws you into a world knowing absolutely nothing, and you need to work out the game's mechanics and quirks on your own.  It's horrible and great and I recommend you give it a go.

hubol

• Cutesterest
    • View Profile
    • hubolhubolhubol
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 04:40:38 PM »
interesting...... maybe i'll "chunk" em out in the new year!!!!

juner

• Cuter
  • Cutes: 101
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 11:38:28 PM »
I'm not really doing much so here's some Games I Liked, Within the Year 2016. Wanted to write this for a while and generally post more, though I have no confidence in my writing so maybe all of these words will be uninteresting to read, but I guess it's practice!!

Let's start with a relevant one!

Spoiler: Dark Souls 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Witness (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Obduction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragon Quest Builders (click to show/hide)

uwu i've been writing for a while. i hope you enjoy this, my 20th post of the year 2016. coming up next year, some other games i liked this year?? featuring: Xanadu Next, Pop'n Music, Trails in the Sky FC, Let It Die, Momodora 4, Tearaway Unfolded, Dragon's Dogma, Furi, Stephen's Sausage Roll, Recursed???

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 12:14:05 AM »
I've yet to play Obduction but I recently played Myst: Masterpiece: Remade: Director's Cut for the first time.  That was pretty cool.  Mapping out the tunnel underneath the volcano age was beyond brutal.

I played The Witness as well.  I liked it, but not all parts.  Some of it felt like busywork like you said.  I think it could have done with about 20% fewer puzzles; especially up in the tree tops.

The tetris puzzles were really cool because it was less about trial and error and more about working it out.  I started taking screenshots and drawing on them to work out solutions.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The lead up to the end was pretty good too.  Lots of difficult puzzles that test all you'd learnt.  Except the sound puzzles, those never really come back.  I didn't really get them anyway though.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 02:07:32 AM »
oh shit ppl are making effort posts.... sorry im sleepy but ill read these at some point :honeydew:
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 02:14:35 AM »
i didnt play a lot of videogames this yr i think..... except ive played pokemon moon for like 150 hours and counting.... its the first pokemon game since blue where i tried completing the dex (& i did it!! just the "regional" dex with like 300 pkmn tho i didnt catch all 7000 ones that exist or whatever) and also the first one ever where i got into all that iv breeding/ev training stuff, which is incredibly tedious but i kinda like it for some reason

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 02:16:30 AM »
i wanna play dark souls id probably like it a lot i think....... i wonder if the new laptop i just got can run it or if its got a bad graphics card that cant do anything.....

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 02:23:03 AM »
juner that was a realy cute post it makes me want to video game again..... im in grad school & it drains all my energy so i dont do very much stuff anymore..... i only played pokemon bc my friends got it too & i thought it would be fun to play with them then i ended up getting addicted to it & like staying up late playing it and stuff. i think i still like video games a lot but i just dont feel motivated to start them most of the time. i bought style savvy trendsetters from a used game's store recently & i havent touched it yet. i wanna play momo4 (i still need to play momo3 too....) and also stephens sausage roll and also the trails games

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 02:26:05 AM »
I've yet to play Obduction but I recently played Myst: Masterpiece: Remade: Director's Cut for the first time.  That was pretty cool.  Mapping out the tunnel underneath the volcano age was beyond brutal.
lol i never finished myst but is that the part where u are in like a submarine thing in a maze and u cant see anything but [sp]there are sound cues telling you which direction to go[/sp]? i mapped out the whole damn thing and then i read the actual way to do it in a review of myst or something like that it was cool

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 02:28:15 AM »
Mapping out the tunnel underneath the volcano age was beyond brutal.

What? Why?

At every intersection the ship plays a sound identical to the sounds that the map in the "gear age" makes.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 02:31:23 AM »
some times, people dont notice stuff

Tinister

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 02:32:20 AM »
grad school

I thought one of the things for agreeing to go to grad school was you'd give up any and all hobbies, free time, and sleep.