Author Topic: All To Get Her  (Read 105012 times)

SquareWheel

• Administrator
  • Cutester
  • Cutes: 139
    • View Profile
Re: All To Get Her (Final Testing!)
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2017, 03:05:53 AM »
Sorry, I'll give more details.  The loading screen did appear, and the options menu was functional.  When starting the game I got a blank screen however - no text or anything.  My guess was that it might have saved my progress on a broken level ID or such.

After clearing my save data (and updating 2-3 patches), then it loaded the cutscenes again and I was able to start the game.

vgperson

• Cutest
  • Cutes: 110
  • guess i'll have to... make them fall.
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2017, 03:10:51 AM »
Oh, yeah, that would be a broken save, since that's where it loads and the format's changed slightly. You could've also fixed it by going into Data Deletion and clearing game progress, since that's equivalent to deleting the save file.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
  • Cutes: 211
    • View Profile
  • Pronouns: she/her
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2017, 03:56:53 AM »
i beat the game.... i dont feel like doing staff times tonight tho

its very easy to skip from 4-3 to 4-8 because the three bombs at the start of 4-4 respawn when you enter 4-8.....

area 5 and area 6 took me about an hour each but i spent a lot of time messing around with really silly strats that mostly didnt work..... i think there were a few levs where i skipped minor stuff with Advanced Techniques instead of figuring out the intended strats but i dont really remember which ones

story spoilers
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ok i know i said i dont feel like doing staff times but i got 39.73 on 6-9....
~Without love, the truth cannot be seen~

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2017, 04:34:40 AM »
18.11 on 6-4

this is watermelon :watermelon: put her in your signature so she can achieve world domination

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2017, 04:52:53 AM »
Actually, going back to get bombs in 4-4 isn't even necessary, as you can just hit restart once you break into 4-8 to go to the starting position. But yeah, 4-3 to 4-8 is a little too much... I changed the end of 4-3 to use a teleporter so it's essentially one-way (you might be able to bomb your way back, but not with bombs to spare). It's a little slower, but 13.5 is still doable.

Reduced the 6-9 and 6-4 times, but I feel I should be a little lenient on 6-4 because of the last jump.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2017, 05:25:13 AM »
is the intended strat for 6-2 to beat it without using the two blocks on the left? i couldnt figure out a fast strat that uses them....

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2017, 05:29:14 AM »
Oh, I guess you do only need two boxes (albeit you have to do the Brooke-jump-Asha-grab trick). I did it bringing one of them up (I don't think you can bring the second?), and don't think I did anything fancy for the staff time. They're also kind of there as an implication of "they did a little bit of a puzzle while you weren't looking."

EDIT: Okay, I'm able to bring it down by a few seconds by using three boxes to climb the first wall, but only two to do the rest. I think it's faster than trying to avoid bringing up the lower box.

EDIT 2: 6-2 staff time is 33.0 now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:42:50 AM by vgperson »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2017, 05:43:43 AM »
using switch-jumping to get over the first wall with one block seems much faster 2 me than bringing a block up.....

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2017, 05:47:03 AM »
Oh for some reason I thought Asha had to go over the wall and back?? I don't know. Yeah, it's faster.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2017, 08:37:59 AM »
wondering what your 6-3 strat is.... i had a very rough time getting 38.68

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2017, 09:19:00 AM »
Uhh, can't really remember. I believe that instead of Destroying to drop the top iron box in the lava, I threw the iron box to the left of it at the corner (using switch-jumping to avoid dropping it down) so it fell into the lava, and jumped across with that. Otherwise, I don't remember doing anything fancy.

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2017, 05:31:24 PM »
oh ok 39 is actually pretty lenient.... i managed to make an early enemy cycle and get 35.71 (even with a mistake on falling through the one-block gap at the end). i guess i was mostly having trouble because the level is really hard and i rarely get to the end

e: 34.66 with a better run
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:37:33 PM by aimaina »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2017, 06:26:38 PM »
33.65 on 6-8

vgperson

• Cutest
    • View Profile
    • vgperson.com
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2017, 07:21:29 PM »
I think I have a slightly better 6-3 strat than you now, because I got 32.38 with some minor errors.

The 6-8 strat is cool. I didn't think of blocking with Brooke to get that box in the right place faster, or switch-jumping up at the end.

EDIT: Uhhh, I think I made a mistake at some point and accidentally set the 6-9 time to 21.0? I think it should be 36.0, since my best is 34.98.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:27:49 PM by vgperson »

aimaina

• Administrator
  • Cutesterest
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »
oh i think what i was missing in 6-3 is i was syncing when i dropped down to the monsters at the end, instead of dropping down alone.... i didnt match the time yet tho, my wrist hurts

also did you get 34.98 on 6-9 using my strat or did you find something new? i thought 39.xx was pretty good for my strat

i got 32.73 on 6-10, i dont feel like writing up the full strat rite now but i think the main tricks were killing both monsters with brooke before bringing asha over, only using two blocks to cross the lava at the end, and using one block and a switch-jump for the wall at the end